Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

So frustrated

hi all,

I am new here so please don't jump all over me.. I'm just looking for support..

My period is clockwork, 28 day cycle since I was 11. On the dot, I've never been late or early. We happened to have sex during ovulation and I'm three days late for my period today. All preg tests are negative, I think I've taken at least 20 in the last couple weeks. I know they say sometimes they don't register so I have a dr appointment on Wednesday. Now, I'm spotting. And I do mean spotting as this is no where near my usual flow.

What is going on with me? Is this normal? Am I pregnant?! I seriously just want to know either way.

Other symptoms I experienced, extreme exhaustion, really sensitive and tender nipples, and odd nausea to things I used to be able to handle(dog poo).

Thanks all!

Re: So frustrated

• Options
    If your test was negative then you are not pregnant at this time. Cycles can change, no matter how 'regular' they usually are. Symptoms mean absolutely nothing without a positive test.
  • Options
    I was regular for 15 years and then one month I was off. I wasn't pregnant. If the tests say you aren't pregnant you aren't pregnant. It's flu and cold season. Sounds like you maybe caught a little something. Drink lots of fluids and rest.

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    According to all of the literature I've read you can have a negative test up to 2 weeks after your missed period.. Thank you all for the help, My dr appointment is not for pregnancy, but thanks for the concern.
  • Options
    bh22 said:

According to all of the literature I've read you can have a negative test up to 2 weeks after your missed period.. Thank you all for the help, My dr appointment is not for pregnancy, but thanks for the concern.

Exactly what literature is that?
  • Options
    I had a negative test with my last pregnancy. A week later it was positive.
  • Options
    bh22bh22 member
    edited January 2015
    How far along were you when you tested? Did you experience any spotting? Thanks! @lwentland
  • Options
    Seriously!? Yes, I will admit that I may be a bit ignorant, but there is information out there and I'm just trying to figure this out. I came to you all for help and you've literally scared me away. Why in the world would I EVER ask for information from you all after you being so rude. Please explain to my why you're so mad about this?? Is this all you do all day is be rude to people who are asking questions about being pregnant? And as for the scientifically reviewed journals, please provide me with some, I'd rather read it.
  • Options
    LOL! Wow. I would love facts, if they weren't coming from mean people. Why don't you all troll some other sites.

Glad I don't need to worry, no baby today.. Maybe tomorrow?!? Are you serious. Lol.
  • Options
    Being sarcastic is rude/mean, especially when dealing with something as senstive as this. I'm surprised that I would have to point that out at all. Saying things like "oh silly me" those are not supportive or kind comments. I would love to have been educated by the group, but I feel so attacked. I mean it's like I'm wrong for even thinking that missing my period would mean pregnancy? That is a common assumption, and when I'm reading that I may be testing too early, i just wanted support as to knowing if I was, or what the best way was to move forward, ie waiting a week, going to dr? And immediately people weren't even addressing the issue..
  • Options
    I won't be back to this forum so no need to respond to this post, but I am extremely disappointed in the support of the group. Thank you to the one person who was supportive.
  • Options
    OP, putting down posts is considered a violation of TOU. Not agreeing with someone's advice when you asked for it does not warrant calling people bitter or accusing us of bullying. If you are new here, you should get to know the guidelines. There are many people who have recently gotten banned due to violating the strict rules of TB. Just some friendly advice.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    @bh22 I'd say test once a week until you either get a positive pregnancy test or your period. My cycles were 28 days since I was 13, then out of nowhere they started to fluctuate by a few days. I didn't know this was "normal" either but it is, cycles can change for no apparent reason. And if you are in fact pregnant, you will be able to turn a test positive soon enough so just keep testing or wait for your period. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    I agree with you on how insensitive most of these people were to you with their words .. I'm sorry for that, I pray everything is going well!
  • Options
    I am the same way. My period is like clock work. I knew I was pregnant the day I was supposed to get my period. Took a test when I was 3 days late...negative. I was pissed because I knew I was pregnant. Waited 2 more days {and took the test in the late afternoon}...clear as day...positive.

As for the bleeding. I would see your doctor just to be on the safe side. My last two pregnancies both had sad endings. You need to look out for you & baby {if you are pregnant}.

Good luck! I hope you have some exciting news soon!
  • Options
    I think you are over reacting & your responses to the straightforward answers (that are still helpful) are unnecessarily spazzy.

I've been pregnant 4 times. Trust the test until you get your period or a positive.

I didn't see any responses, IMHO, that were bitter, sarcastic or mean. I think, perhaps, you aren't getting told what you want to hear. So, you are getting upset & lashing out.

Best to you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    MrsN092714MrsN092714 member
    edited February 2015
    I have a friend that didn't get a positive until 7 weeks pregnant, proved by the ultrasound she went for at 10 weeks for dating. Keep testing, once a week, either af will show up or a bfp. No af for 60 days= a trip to see the doc. A cycle can be thrown off by so many things, if you ovulated later the usual, which it sounds like you did (the luteal phase never varies by more than a couple days) it is possible that you could still be to early to test. Best of luck getting it all figured out!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"