2nd Trimester

Terrible back pains (work in an office) full time help!!!

:-< I am 22 weeks today with our little prince :x (our first) but my back pains are getting so bad that I can't concentrate on my work! Changing the position I'm sitting in doesn't help either and I'm not taking any tablets for anything as I don't want anything that shouldn't be in my body reaching my little bubs. Any advice or anyone else experiencing this? After lunch it starts & I just want to go home! X

Re: Terrible back pains (work in an office) full time help!!!

• Firstly there are medications you can take that are safe and if it's so bad you can't concentrate, you should try them.

Secondly, my midwife was very insistent about making sure you get up every hour and stretch your legs if you sit all day and vice versa.

Thirdly, have you asked whether it's sciatica or...?

You need to speak to your doc, they can help better than us :) good luck!
  • I have a similar problem, the pain is not constant though.  Sometimes I have it for a few days and then sometimes I don't.  I have found acupuncture to be helpful.  I also use a hot/cold pack strapped to the back of my chair when it is really bad.  And, I have my hubby rub it at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Chiropractor will be your new best friend
  • I had this with DS and found sitting on a big exercise ball helped. Also getting up and walking around.
  • I make sure to get up every hour, and I've been seeing a chiropractor.  Neither has solved the problem, but it helps a bit.
  • I agree with seeing a chiropractor and also maybe try an ergonomic cushion for your office chair. Feel better!
  • Thank you, I'll have a go with the heat packs and I'll speak to my midwife at the next appt. couldn't get acupuncture im terrified of needles!! :(
  • Prenatal yoga has actually helped me. Actually (and I know it sounds counter intuitive) light exercise helps some too. But the yoga helps stretch out the back muscles and focuses on good posture. Most women arch their back when they are pregnant which can cause severe back pain. Helping to strengthen the core and back muscles gives extra support. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"