September 2015 Moms

Flu medications while pregnant?

trinijenibtrinijenib member
edited January 2015 in September 2015 Moms
hi everyone! I'm 6 weeks and 6days pregnant and I've had a really terrible cold over the last week. I'm coughing like a TB patient and I'm suffering from pains to my throat and the cramping in my back and stomach have intensified. My doctor does not recommend medication but is not aware of the severity of my situation as it just started. Can I take anything? Can I use an inhaler? Are these intense cramps normal due to the sickness and should I go to a hospital? Please help

Re: Flu medications while pregnant?

• Hey. I've been dealing with a cold too. My midwife said DayQuil is fine. She did say to avoid things like emergen c though.
  • My doctor actually told me to stay away from DayQuil and NyQuil, but that Robitussin is good for cough and sore throat.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doc told me Tylenol and mucinex when I went in last week. I had a viral infection. Wicked cough and felt cold and shaky. I ended up taking benadryl instead of the mucinex(recommended by my nurse mommy) because mucinex gives me bizarre dreams and I refuse to take it.
  • Benadryl, robitussin, ginger tea and those nasal rinses helped me through my head cold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"