July 2015 Moms
Options

Night shift

Does anyone else work nights? I currently work 36hrs 7p-7a and I'm finding it hard to sleep now that I'm in the second trimester! I'm trying to rotate to days but it doesn't look promising. Any one else in a similar spot? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Night shift

• Options
    Hey. I also work that shift and find it hard to sleep. To be honest, I was never a good sleeper but being so tired in the 1st trimester, I was able to sleep. Now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, it's becoming increasingly difficult. For example, I didn't get to sleep until 10 this morning and was awake by 1:30. My ob said that zquil is ok to take because it's benadryl. Good luck and looking for suggestions myself.
    P.s. June cannot come fast enough. Can't wait to go on leave.
  • Options
    I work night shift 7 on 7 off. I have to take a warm bath every morning before bed. I guess it relaxes me but I'm OUT after that. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Night shift really stinks. Can't imagine the pregnancy fatigue on top of that! Sorry
  • Options
    I'm on nights, going on 12 years now. I've been trying to get off this shift for over a year, it sucks. I have no energy. It is a good excuse to sleep all the time but I never get anything done outside of work.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    I work 7p-7a. I def prefer it over the 6a-6a I used to work. It doesn't really mess me up except on my days off because I just want to sleep all day every day.
  • Options
    I work 7pm-7am on a weekend rotation. The hardest part for me is trying to sleep after the first night on...I got about 4 hours in today before work. Knowing that I'll sleep well Sunday is the only thing that keeps me going on the Saturday overnight!
    The transition back to days is way harder for me than going to nights.
    Are all of you staying on nights after baby comes?
  • Options
    I also work over nights. I've been having a harder time sleeping since I got pregnant. It's even worse because I have 6 year old who's out of school on the weekends.

I'm actually about to switch to days. Right now it's a temporary position in my dept but I'm hoping to move into a more permanent morning position in another dept by the time the baby comes.
  • Options
    I'm night shift and I agree it sucks. It was really tough on me up until about week 15, but I've been feeling a lot better & more energetic lately. Part of that was due to November & December being mostly 60 hour work weeks because it's our busy season at work. Feeling like a million bucks now, compared to then.

The real worry about my schedule is when the baby comes. There's the possibility of moving to day shift, but no guarantees.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our night shift rotation works on seniority, so I need three people above me to retire/resign quick!! : ). At the very least I'll be on the rotation for another year, so I'm lining up ON sitters now!
    Much easier to stay awake now than early pregnancy. Even before I knew we were expecting I remember a few nights I could barely keep my eyes open!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"