Trouble TTC a Sibling

Follow Up (RE first appointment and results)

Hi everyone, 

So a few weeks ago I posted on here about how i'd been trying for over a year to get pregnant, and how I was about to go on CLomid, which had been prescribed by my OB. It was suggested to me that I not use Clomid until I had had more testing done, and that I not use Clomid at all unless I was monitored by an RE.

Anyway, I did some research, and had my first appointment with an RE last week. He very quickly found that I had possible polyps in my uterus, so I had an operation a few days ago to have them removed. (Turns out I had multiple polyps and scar tissue, which the doctor believes may have been a result of the c section I had 2.5 years ago). I did not have trouble getting pregnant with my first child, so it would make sense that maybe the polyps/ scar tissue have increased since then, and have been preventing me from conceiving.

We still have a lot more work to do, but as of right now, DH's SA is normal and the doctor believes my ovaries look normal, too. He believes I am ovulating. So far the polyps are the only abnormality we've found. I don't want to get my hopes too far up but I'm really  wondering if now that we've addressed this problem, we'll be able to get pregnant sometime within the next few months. From what I've read it doesn't seem like a guarantee, but I do believe we're at least moving in the right direction now. I have a follow up in 2 weeks with my RE and more blood results coming in, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, don't know how many of you are still around after the exodus, but to anyone who offered advice--thank you. If I had jumped right into the Clomid, it probably only would have made my situation worse. At least I feel like I have more positive outlook now... Thanks so much for all of your help!

Re: Follow Up (RE first appointment and results)

• I am sorry to hear about the polyps, but glad that the RE was able to find something that he was able to correct.

FX for good blood work results!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How did you find out about the polyps? An ultrasound? Were there any symptoms you were experiencing for either the polyps or the scar tissue? Just curious. Hope you are able to get right to business now
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• Loading the player...
  • @ckk8584

The RE saw the polyps right away in an ultrasound.  For the past year I'd been spotting before and after my period, which I thought was normal for me, but apparently that was because the polyps had been "blocking" me, so to speak. So I guess when AF comes in a few weeks, we'll see if it makes a difference.

A little more info, if you want it: I went to my obgyn several months ago. She did an ultrasound and saw the polyps, but wasn't sure what they were. She said they could be cysts, and could be a sign of PCOS. However, she was pretty confident that I didn't have PCOS, so she sort of just went ahead with blood tests and forgot about the possible cysts. I forgot about them too, until I went to the RE. I mentioned to him that there might have been something found during an ultrasound, and he went in and saw what looked like a polyp. He had it removed within about four days. Because there was scar tissue, I have to wait two weeks before having sex, which means I'm benched for this cycle. Hoping next cycle will be a lucky one, though...
  • Thanks for the info....even though I don't have spotting or symptoms maybe I will ask for a u/s just to rule out anything. Hoping your next cycle will be lucky too!! @Greco1014‌
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"