February 2015 Moms
Options

Pop/snapping noise coming from womb

Ok yall. I'm totally not worried about this but more curious.. Does anyone else experience a popping, snapping, maybe cracking noise coming from the womb? It sounds exactly like if you cracked your knuckles under water.. Please tell me I'm not the only one lol.

I figured it must be the baby's joints popping. I'm going to briefly bring it up to my OB when I go next but like I said I'm just curious and not at all worried.

Re: Pop/snapping noise coming from womb

• Options
    Yes! My guy makes popping noises all the time. It usually coincides with some weird belly shapes from big stretches, so I think it's just the usual body creaks. I asked my midwife and she said it's normal but didn't specify what it was.
    Anniversary  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm 4 babes and never had this - now I'm super curious!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Xoxolicia said:

I only hear the popping noise when I use the bathroom. I just read this yesterday.
    https://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/whats-causing-popping-clicking-coming-from-my-bump#.VMxo_mHnZDs

Hope it helps.

That's definitely helpful!! Thank you :-)
  • Options
    I almost woke up DH 2 weeks ago because when I was trying to sleep, it sounded like my stomach was creaking every time I breathed. Strangest thing.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Xoxolicia said:

I only hear the popping noise when I use the bathroom. I just read this yesterday.
    https://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/whats-causing-popping-clicking-coming-from-my-bump#.VMxo_mHnZDs

Hope it helps.

Thanks from me, too. I seriously learn so many new things about pregnancy every single time. What a trip!
  • Options

I almost woke up DH 2 weeks ago because when I was trying to sleep, it sounded like my stomach was creaking every time I breathed. Strangest thing.

This. I don't think I've ever had the popping, but I've had a creaky thing going on on multiple occasions... Weird!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard popping and snapping every now and again. The first few times I thought it was my water breaking. But since it hasn't and the popping and snapping still occurs, I figured it was her joints because it only happens when she's stretching. Now that I've read this, I feel better in my assumptions.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    maasybaby said:

Wahey, glad in not the only one! I discussed this with my sister a couple of days ago, it's weird right? I keep thinking "great, now he's gone and broken his bag, well done little one, smooth... " but then nothing happens. Is it also quite loud, that people around you can hear it?

I wouldn't say it's very loud, but DH can definitely hear it when we are in bed. If the tv is on he doesn't usually hear it. When I first heard it, I jumped out of bed freaking out that I heard my water break. Lol

I did more googling on it. And women have said they heard this popping noise and when their baby was born they heard it but louder than in the womb. Ended up some of their baby's had a clicky hip or shoulder and it went away shortly after birth.
  • Options
    Yes I hear it all the time! Had it with my first baby and this pregnancy also. No idea what it is but must be normal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"