September 2015 Moms
Options

SUPER dry lips

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and my lips are SO dry to where they are cracking and bleeding. I live in the south so the weather is not the issue. I've tried at least 3 differnt chapsticks and nothing is working for me! So far I've tried carmex, softlips, eos, and vasaline. Anyone else experience this? And what worked for you? I'm at the end of my rope and work retail so I talk all day long. :(

Re: SUPER dry lips

• Options
    Are you getting enough water? Being dehydrated can make that worse. I put Vaseline on at night and that helps when my lips are really dry
  • Options
    Are you drinking enough water during the day? Sounds like you might be dehydrated. Otherwise Burt's bees is a great brand to try as well. Good luck! I work retail to so I know it can be a struggle to get enough water. I have better luck when I keep track with an app on my phone. I log my water thru the fitbit app. Hope this helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was my concern at first. But I drink if not a gallon a day, pretty close to. My next option was Burts beeswax
  • Options
    I also have super dry lips and have been drinking over a gallon of water a day. I think the baby (or babies!) just really need more and more water :/ chapstick also doesn't work for me. Going to try vaseline tonight.
  • Options
    seifertfishseifertfish member
    edited January 2015
    I had dry hands and was drinking time if water. My doctor told me to add electrolytes. I've added pedialyte popsicles and Gatorade and feel so much better. She also said coconut water but I don't like it. Good luck!

Edited for completeness.
  • Options
    Coconut oil is kind of a holy grail product for me. I've been having the same problem, and a little coconut oil on my lips every night always helps. And burts bees during the day for portability's sake.
  • Options
    I swear by cocoa butter! Palmer's makes a swivel stick and it's amazing.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would try coconut oil. I love me some coconut oil!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh damn, this happened to me last time around, it was HORRIBLE.  Honestly, nothing made it better, I had a hard shell like a scab over my lips for like 2 weeks, it sucked really bad.  

I used antibacterial jelly (like neosporin) at night and tried like 20 different chapsticks during the day.  The Jelly worked and I felt ok/kinda normal in the morning (might just try vaseline) but they got drier and drier as the day went on and none of the chapsticks worked (burts bees, other various normal chapsticks, some fancy rose lip salve, those chapsticks in the little round ball, tons of coconut oil etc...).  I was drinking tons of water.

You could go to the doctor too, not sure if there is something prescription that could help
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I literally have my lips coated every minute in awake & I STILL have dry lips. Mine are not cracking thankfully but it's still annoying because they feel tight. My skin in also incredibly dry & itchy. Trying to keep up with water intake but it seems I can never get enough! Here's to hoping we both find relief soon.
  • Options
    1. Nuun tablets for water. They have electrolytes but are better for you than Gatorade. I start each morning with a glass.
    2. Dr. Lipps Nipple Balm for Lips. I swear by it for the driest crackiest of lips. :-)
    Good luck!
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • Options
    This was one of my first signs of pregnancy. I had extra dry lips for a few weeks. I use Blistex Moisture Melt. It works fine.
  • Options
    I've been using Baby Lips Dr. Rescue. I'm slightly prone to cold sores and this prevents them, at least for me anyway. Still, the struggle is real and I feel like I have leather lips when I wake up lol
  • Options
    Try Aquaphor!! Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"