August 2015 Moms
Options

Subseptate uterus

I went in for my NT screen last week and the tech told me I have a subseptate uterus. I asked her if that would effect anything and she said no, but then of course I googled it and everything I've read has said that the chance of miscarriage is high. I'm 14 weeks today so I feel like I'm in the safe zone, but nothing online say when the chances go down with a subseptate uterus. I don't see my doc again until mid February, so I'm wondering if any of you ladies also have the same issue and have you had successful pregnancies?

Re: Subseptate uterus

• Options
    I had a septate uterus. They found it in my early 20's and I had surgery to remove the septum. I still have a partial wall from it. The surgery left me with a heart-shaped uterus. If your doctor said there is nothing to worry about, your septum may be slight. I have a healthy three year old son, so I know it is possible to have a successful pregnancy with this issue. My son was born prematurely (30 weeks) because eventually my uterus could not expand further (something to do with the heart shape). I am currently 13w3d. My ob and a high risk doctor are monitoring me more closely for this reason. I hope this helps. Try not to worry too much. I also suggest coming up with some questions to ask your doctor at your next appt to ease your mind.
  • Options
    Thank you, I not googling anymore because it was making me nervous. I am going to write some questions down and email the office this week! So glad to hear about your success! Congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TARock‌. Sending you good vibes to ease your stress. Go by your Drs and if you're super stressed just call the office and talk to someone. Although google can give us Soooo much, it can be th r biggest fear monger lol. Just remember just bc theres higher probabilities, which are not definites, which means if Dr says you're good, then you're fine. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"