January 2015 Moms

Red Raspberry leaf tea

is it really it's all cracked up to be?! I heard it helps with lots of stuff while pregnant and after!! Does anyone have any good feedback?! Thank you (;

Re: Red Raspberry leaf tea

• I think I'm the only person who actually likes the taste. I drink it, but I'm two days overdue with my second. Last pregnancy I started drinking it at 37 weeks. At 39 weeks I was induced because I had HELLP. I don't think it does anything, but I keep drinking lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I took the capsules from 35 weeks until birth at 40w4d. I was hoping it would help during active labor and pushing. Also I read it reduces the chances of tearing or the need of forceps. For me my total labor was 44 hours, I pushed for close to an hour, LO was delivered with forceps, and I got a 4th degree tear. My postpartum bleeding was 2 weeks. I don't know if I'll bother with it for possible future pregnancies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried it with DS2 and got horrible bloody diarrhea..  so thats a possibility too.  I'd skip it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • *lurker from F15*

Not sure if it helped, but I started drinking a cup a day at about 35 weeks. I was induced at 37 weeks due to suspected IUGR (which turned out to be neg) but my labor lasted a total of 3 hours and I pushed for 10 minutes with no tearing or episiotomy. I probably just got lucky, but I will definitely drink it again for my next pregnancy.

BabyFetus Ticker

• It's not supposed to induce labor, but rather strengthen the uterus to make contractions more functional. It works best if you drink it regularly over a long period of time. I drank a pregnancy tea blend daily that included RRL beginning at 12 weeks. At 36 weeks, I switched to straight RRL multiple times daily. The taste wasn't bad, IMO. It tastes like a mild regular tea plain; I drank a lot of it cold. I ended up being induced at 40w3d, but my labor was super quick (4 hours total), so I'll credit the RRL. :)
  • I actually love the taste. I can't say it worked but I started pretty late. I wouldn't progress and ended up with a c section. I've had a few cups since just because I like it.
  • I have been drinking the RRL blend(Yogi Mother to Be) since the start of this pregnancy. I usually drink 2 cups a day. I haven't had LO yet. So far the only difference I've noticed is way more BH contractions with this PG. I had a 30 hr labor with DS so I'm hoping my contractions will be more effective this go around.
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• I read too that even after having the baby, it's really good for you. For milk supply and helping you heal faster and all that jazz. I'm due Friday and just heard about this for this first time! So I wouldn't want it for inducing labor but to help with the after affects (: sounds like it's a hit or miss thing. But I think if I can find it, I might give it a go (:
  • TiffanyJillTiffanyJill member
    edited January 2015
    It is supposed to help strengthen contractions and reduce labor time. A girlfriend of mine and myself both drank it 3+ times a day at 37 weeks on and both delivered our first babies within five hours of active labor having started and at 39 weeks. I believe it helped and will definitely drink it again next time around. I used the "mommy to be" kind and enjoyed the taste.
  • I started drinking 1 cup a day in the 2nd tri then 2 To 3 cups a day in the 3rd. I went into labor at 41 weeks, had contractions starting at 5 mins apart at 3:30am and delivered at 9:29pm after 2 hours of pushing. I don't think it did anything for labor but after the nurses commented on how quickly my uterus was contracting back down. So who knows if it did anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just thought I'd update since I had my bean! I was in active labor for 6 hours and went from 5cm to 10cm in the last hour. I'm not sure if it was the 2 cups of tea a day or not but my contractions were much more effective and less painful this time. I was actually cracking jokes until I hit transition(the last hour.)
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"