July 2015 Moms

Friday Randoms

What's going on in your world today?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Friday Randoms

• My cats have been major pains in the butt lately. One of them continually splashes their water dish or completely turns it over, making a huge mess. I am just too tired and grumpy to keep up with it anymore, so I bought them a water bottle feeder like the type that rabbits use (also a lot of long-haired show cats, apparently). They are not amused.

Pregnancy-wise, not a whole lot going on other than I feel huge...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I *might* have felt the baby move for the first time last night. I felt what you might describe as a bubble that popped in my lower belly. Almost like gas, but there was no passing of gas and no other movement. Then, when I went to bed, I thought I felt a fluttering feeling twice in the night. I'm not sure if I actually felt it or if I was dreaming/imagining things because I want to feel the baby move so badly!
    Note: I'm almost 18 weeks and have an anterior placenta, so I'm really not sure if it was real movement. =(
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • GSUDavis said:
    I think I *might* have felt the baby move for the first time last night. I felt what you might describe as a bubble that popped in my lower belly. Almost like gas, but there was no passing of gas and no other movement. Then, when I went to bed, I thought I felt a fluttering feeling twice in the night. I'm not sure if I actually felt it or if I was dreaming/imagining things because I want to feel the baby move so badly!
    Note: I'm almost 18 weeks and have an anterior placenta, so I'm really not sure if it was real movement. =(

How exciting! I'm sure we'll let more sure as time goes on and they get more intense! 

:)

• ipumpkin said:
    GSUDavis said:
    I think I *might* have felt the baby move for the first time last night. I felt what you might describe as a bubble that popped in my lower belly. Almost like gas, but there was no passing of gas and no other movement. Then, when I went to bed, I thought I felt a fluttering feeling twice in the night. I'm not sure if I actually felt it or if I was dreaming/imagining things because I want to feel the baby move so badly!

How exciting! I'm sure we'll let more sure as time goes on and they get more intense! 

:)

Yes!!! I just talked to my "recently pregnant" friend and she was like, it sure sounds like it! 
    It's been every couple of minutes in about the same spot since I got to work. And it doesn't hurt but it's a little uncomfortable and weird...just like someone poking you from the inside. =D
  • With my son, I didn't think I was feeling movement either. But I was at work and kept getting this little ticklish feeling inside while I was leaning forward in my seat. Realized then it was baby after speaking with my mom! ;) Sounds like you are feeling baby! I am 14 weeks now and can't wait to feel movement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Laying in the bed hungry thinking about a bagel. I wish I had a Butler. Congrats to all feeling baby ! It's one of the best things ever :x
  • Going to break down and go get some maternity pants today. My formerly too big pants are now too small and I need something professional for school
  • I am getting super impatient for my anatomy scan next week! The suspense is killing me!
  • @ChristyM87 don't think of it as breaking down. I didn't want to wear maternity pants last pregnancy but was so glad when I did that I said I'd wear them forever! This time I switched early for comfort!! Your belly will be so happy :)  Happy shopping!
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 0ashley said:
    @ChristyM87 don't think of it as breaking down. I didn't want to wear maternity pants last pregnancy but was so glad when I did that I said I'd wear them forever! This time I switched early for comfort!! Your belly will be so happy :)  Happy shopping!
    Totally agree! I got some last weekend and have been SO comfortable all week. They look like dress slacks or jeans, but they feel like sweat pants. It's amazing! =D
  • Lemonade is my best friend.  I can't get enough.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didnt sleep well last night. I had a strange dream, I cant even remeber what it was but all of a sudden my 13 year old was yelling my name, and I sat up so fast my stomach pulled and I was hurting. I sat there listening but the house was silent, I checked on everyone but no one was awake except me :( .... I couldnt go back to sleep. Never heard someone call for me so clearly in a dream and if freeked me out a bit when I realized hewasnt awake!!!
  • ChristyM87ChristyM87 member
    edited January 2015
    GSUDavis said:

0ashley said:

@ChristyM87 don't think of it as breaking down. I didn't want to wear maternity pants last pregnancy but was so glad when I did that I said I'd wear them forever! This time I switched early for comfort!! Your belly will be so happy :)  Happy shopping!

Totally agree! I got some last weekend and have been SO comfortable all week. They look like dress slacks or jeans, but they feel like sweat pants. It's amazing! =D
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I broke down yesterday and was walking around with unbuttoned pants (not the type I can do the rubber band trick on) I am still going to hold off on bras...
  • I felt baby move for the first time last night :) it shocked me, I had eaten two little cuties and maybe 10 mins later I felt a pop a little below my belly button and then another a couple minutes later! It kind of scared me at first until I realized what it was! I was told I have an anterior placenta so wasn't expecting to feel anything for a bit longer however I'm not complaining. Apparently little man likes oranges :-)
  • Just laid DD down for her nap, and they started doing construction across the street. I'm tempted to stand on the front porch and shoot daggers from my eyes.

...but first, I'm actually going to shower!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married 6.12.11
    Blended family with an amazing stepson! 
    BFP#1: 7.11.13 - DD born 2.24.14 
    BFP#2: 11.12.14 - EDD 7.19.15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • It is raining here and has been since yesterday... IT NEVER RAINS HERE IN AZ!! Today I had plans to get so much done... all Iwant to do iin bed :( .... I even stripped the sheets off the bed and put them in the washer so I wouldnt get back in bed, however the down comforter and pillows are calling my name and it is making it so hard to resist!!
  • I finally have a day off after an exhausting work week & my husband agreed to make french toast for us, so I'm pretty darn happy right now! :)
  • Is annoyed that I'm at the laundromat whole I have a perfectly good washer and dryer at home. My king comforter is too big to was at home and was covered in pet hair.

Also have a ton of family coming for the weekend for this big ice fishing tourney and have lots to do yet.

Going to be a long weekend.
  • I'm at work with a cold and feeling pretty sorry for myself. I've already eaten my daily orange (I really wish it would make this baby move!), and I used the netipot this morning. Tea just isn't cutting it. 

Being sick and pg sucks. I just want to pump myself full of antihistamines! 

image BabyFruit Ticker

Married 10-15-2011
    BFP 10-30-2014
    Baby's due 7-08-2015

• last night we found out that my SIL is pregnant and due a couple of months after me!! i feel like a little bit of my thunder has been stolen, but i am blaming that on my raging hormones that have made me a borderline psychopath this past week. but yes it's looking like 2015 is the year of the baby for my fam!
  • I'm actually sort of bummed that the show Parenthood is over.
  • I'm actually sort of bummed that the show Parenthood is over.

Definitely some tears shed last night!
  • asherk said:

last night we found out that my SIL is pregnant and due a couple of months after me!! i feel like a little bit of my thunder has been stolen, but i am blaming that on my raging hormones that have made me a borderline psychopath this past week. but yes it's looking like 2015 is the year of the baby for my fam!

My SIL is due at the very end of August, but she told everyone before I did. So I kinda stole her thunder a bit lol
  • erinnlou said:

asherk said:

last night we found out that my SIL is pregnant and due a couple of months after me!! i feel like a little bit of my thunder has been stolen, but i am blaming that on my raging hormones that have made me a borderline psychopath this past week. but yes it's looking like 2015 is the year of the baby for my fam!

My SIL is due at the very end of August, but she told everyone before I did. So I kinda stole her thunder a bit lol
    Wow. How far along was she when she announced? My cousin announced a few days before me, she was 4 weeks at the time
  • Had a crazy argument with my husband this morning. I have no words for him and may not for awhile
  • 2015 is also the year for babies in our family! My sil is due in march but really rubbed it in my face that she wasn't even trying.( aka not planned) we had been trying for a year and everyone knew. Now that I'm pregnant she doesn't talk to me.. Crazy lady.
  • Random/weird/whatever you want to call it...husband said I've started moving my mouth like I'm chewing while sleeping. Freaked him out the first time because he thought I had fallen asleep with gum. Asked him to video it and, sure enough, I'm chomping away.

Maybe I'm just dreaming of delicious food :)
  • erinnlou said:

asherk said:

Wow. How far along was she when she announced? My cousin announced a few days before me, she was 4 weeks at the time
    She announced right after finding out around that time. I didn't announce until 16 weeks.
  • So dizzy today i can't shake it despite fluids. ... And now im starving!!!!
  • Going to break down and go get some maternity pants today. My formerly too big pants are now too small and I need something professional for school
    This. Me too. Put on my "too big" work pants the other day and couldn't zip them! I had to use the belly band- hoping to stretch that out for awhile before buying maternity pants.

Other than that- grocery shopping is fun for me these days- I buy anything and everything that looks good, including so much cookies and chocolate! Maybe this is the reason my pants are feeling quite tight :)
  • I was too patient to wait for my morphology scan on the 14th of feb so I have an elective gender scan on Tuesday 3rd of feb. Now I can't wait for that. So excited :D
  • OMG maternity pants are so comfortable. I went to Motherhood Maternity and got two pairs. So comfortable. I will be going back at some point to get a pair of jeans
  • Just got the bill for our NT ultrasound. Apparently it's not covered by our insurance. They will be getting a phone call on Monday. : ) Hopefully we can find a different way to code it to get it covered. Fingers crossed!
  • My train ride home that's normally 1 hour turned into a 2 hour ride when a woman got run over on the tracks. I'm glad I went to the bathroom before leaving work, but MAN am I hangery (hungry + angry). Trail mix in your commuter bag will only get you so far.
    Anniversary
    EDD: July 13, 2015 • Team Blue
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel your pain. I have been sick on top of pg sickness since early December. It's been a struggle! Had my 16 week appt yesterday and my Doctor put me on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Hopefully this works!! Hope you feel better soon:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"