June 2015 Moms
Options

am I the only one with no appetite anymore

At 20 weeks pregs u would think I would be eating more but I'm not. It's 5pm I haven't eaten since 6pm last night. My partner is mad at me but I'm just not hungry. Should is just eat to eat?

Re: am I the only one with no appetite anymore

• Options
    smaldo20 said:
    At 20 weeks pregs u would think I would be eating more but I'm not. It's 5pm I haven't eaten since 6pm last night. My partner is mad at me but I'm just not hungry. Should is just eat to eat?
    Umm... this cannot be healthy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should probably eat even if you do not have an appetite. 

Are you at least taking your prenatal vitamins? 
  • Options
    My appetite has dwindled, but I eat because I know I have to. My last two pregnancies were totally opposite. I was always hungry. ;)
  • Options
    I have days when I can't eat anything. I try to find foods I can turn to when I feel that way. I eat a lot of cereal and cheese it's. MH says I eat like a toodler. My ob says it's normal. I feel like you should find some kind of comfort food though.
  • Options
    My appetite is very on and off. Some days, I could eat anything and everything in sight. Other days, like today, eating is kind of a chore, although I'm still somewhat hungry.

Try getting some instant breakfast or drinking chocolate milk.
  • Options

My appetite is very on and off. Some days, I could eat anything and everything in sight. Other days, like today, eating is kind of a chore, although I'm still somewhat hungry.

Try getting some instant breakfast or drinking chocolate milk.
    I second the instant breakfasts, they are pretty delicious too
  • Options
    I think it's normal for us to not feel hungry sometimes or want to eat, and other times to not be able to eat enough. However, you need to eat something. Even if it's just some fruit and a piece or toast.
  • Options
    I can't hardly eat breakfast anymore, but having GD, I make myself eat something. I feel full about 3 bites in. I have an appetite the rest of the day, but til about noon it's hard to eat much of anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes when I have no appetite and I feel sick, I force myself to eat some fruit and it really helps. I agree that prenatals are super important so at least try to force that down the hatch. You are your baby's source of nutrients, that's something to keep in mind. Hope your appetite comes back, eating is the best!

*~Happily Married to my Best Friend!~* 
    TTC #1 since 2012, no luck! 
    4 Rounds of Clomid @ 100mg +Preseed, BFP November 2013!
     MMC January 2014 @ 11w2d
    Laparoscopy/Dye Test August 2014 showed blocked fallopian tubes - both cleared! :D
    BFP September 2014!

It's a BOY! And I'm one happy mom <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My appetite is definitely down a bit, but I'm still eating 3 regular meals with a protein/nuts snack here and there to try to avoid blood sugar spikes. I feel like all I could think about was food first tri and now I'm slightly disinterested.

Definitely eat, even if it's small. Baby needs energy and nutrients.
  • Options
    I agree you should eat even if you aren't hungry. I was force feeding myself for the first three-four months. It's easier now but the only thing that really sounds good & is satisfying is icecream! I eat other things of course but you just have to eat for your baby! Try to find something you can get down: hard boiled eggs, cheese, apples, cearel? Just some suggestions. Good luck!
  • Options
    I can't go two hours without stuffing my face.

And going almost 24 hours without eating doesn't sound healthy for the baby. Get a shake or something
  • Options
    I'm also like you and if I do eat I get nauseated. So I just try to do small snacks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"