April 2015 Moms

need bumpers for the bump?

I have a 3 year old boy who i can't get to remember his baby sis is in mommies belly need help on how to get him to be more careful I don't want to make him bad or that I am pushing him away

Re: need bumpers for the bump?

• I have the same problem. I just keep putting him in time out. He likes to beat the crap out of me... It's a daily occurrence. He thinks it's wrestling.
  • Tygandre said:

klingspwn said:

I'm really confused by what's going on here. I don't understand how the title of this thread correlates to the content at all whatsoever.

I understand it, but only because I'm an accomplished translator of stupid after working retail for the last four years.
    That's the sad truth. Retail workers hear some stupid stuff.

OP tell him no. Seriously. I tell my almost 2yo no ALL the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a 2yr old DD that I have to remind constantly to be careful around mommy's belly.  She knows she can't climb on me and that there is a baby in there, but she forgets.  I usually see it coming now and try to remind her before she comes jumping my way that she has to be gentle with mommy's belly and that usually works for about an hour...

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Title translation?? - Need bumpers (like bumper pads to protect belly) for the bump (belly) ;)
    As for the issue I have a very active son and I have to tell him all the time to be careful. He is only 20mths so he doesn't fully understand but if he starts getting really crazy I'll stick him in his crib for a min for him to calm down. Agree with the PP tell him no and mean it, my son knows when I'm being more stern with him!
  • It sounds like your 3 year old could use some boundaries. Do you discipline him when he's being naughty? The 2 year olds that I know can grasp the concept that there is a baby in my belly and there is no reason why a three year old should be rough with you unless it is a behavior you have encouraged/not discouraged.
  • edited January 2015
  • My 2 year old does not understand that there is a baby in my belly. I know that laying on the floor is a cue for more rough play so I don't lay on the floor. If she is being more rough with me on the couch I remove her if she is incapable of calming herself down. There is a boundary. There is a consequence just like in anything. If it doesn't change then something is wrong. And most likely you are the issue not him.
  • The title is just a joke I don't really mean bumpers I just wanted some advise to help the issue and yes I have told him no a thousand times but as a 3 year old he doesn't really understand the whole baby in the belly thing FYI not very grown-up to be calling names glad ur not my mother u must be a real great example for your children

Not a single person called you names, stop being dramatic.
    And it's advice, not advise. I advise you to learn the difference.

And if your THREE year old doesn't understand what no means, well I'm not even going to touch that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"