Parenting

For those introducing solids...

DD is completely disinterested in solids. We offer her food twice a day between feedings and she is sort of "blah" over it all. Sometimes she will eat a little, sometimes she just plays and wants to get down.  She never seems engaged or into it. We do both purees and some whole foods for her to hold/taste on her own. Neither seem to be appealing to her.  She is 6 months.  Anyone else experiencing the same thing?  Right now we aren't pushing it, we offer, and then stop when she acts like she is done. At what age does it become more important to make sure she's eating a certain amount?  Should I be more pushy with it, or will she become interested as she gets older?

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

Re: For those introducing solids...

• I want to say it's not until after 12 months does it become the most important for your LO to add solids to their diet. I wouldn't push it, give it another month and see if she's interested then.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If she isn't interested I wouldn't push it, she is only 6 months old. But that is a good discussion to have with your doctor to ensure she is getting enough nutrients. GL!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • My dd didn't really take to it until 8 months. I would say just keep trying but don't stress. It is good to introduce things in a relaxed way but totally normal for them to take awhile to be very interested.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Food before fun is just for fun. I introduced food to the girls at 6 months and neither wanted anything to do with it. I ditched purées completely and offered finger foods. I'd say they started eating around 11 months. Milk/formula is all they need.

Also, don't forget a few bites is a serving. Definitely talk to your pedi but ours didn't worry about food at that point and reminded us just a tbs or two is all a meal should be at first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hold off until she expresses interest. Solids are just for fun & if you push it then it becomes a power struggle.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Greyson gagged a lot and wasn't really find of solids until he was about a year. Now he loves eating our food!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"