High-Risk Pregnancy

Hospital bed rest vasa previa?

Anyone who has/had Vasa Previa, where you put on hospital bed rest? If so, did you notice bleeding during your pregnancy or was it just doctors order for monitoring?

Thanks!

Re: Hospital bed rest vasa previa?

• I replied to your other post, but if you are looking for more specific information on VP patients and the recommended treatment and others experience, I would recommend joining the facebook group. I haven't seen as much VP talk on here, where as Facebook as an entire group designated for VP. Search for the Vasa Previa Awareness group
    Married July 17, 2009
    Parker Ellwood born May 11, 2012
    Baby #2 Due March 9, 2015

• THANK YOU johnson617! Best group ever!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had VP with my last pregnancy. I was admitted to the hospital for bed rest at 32 weeks (for monitoring purposes) and delivered my baby by a planned c section at 34 weeks. Both MFMs I consulted with did not want me to go longer than 34 weeks, although my OB would have. 34 weeks is safest and supported by the literature. I had no bleeding during the pregnancy and VP was diagnosed at my 20 week ultrasound. I was not on Facebook, but the international vasa previa foundation had a website that I consulted with frequency. You really need to be your own advocate with this condition. I recently had a consult with an MFM (trying again for second pregnancy) at a very large medical center and he mentioned they see it once or twice a year, tops. Best of luck to you and feel free to reach out to me at any time if I can help with any questions.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"