June 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC

Let's get this party started!

My confession- I give no shits about the Super Bowl....never have.

• Married 6/1/2012
  • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
  • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
  • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
  • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also give no shits about the Super Bowl. Neither does DH so I'm spared having to do anything with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • Options
    mamahawk12  - that is a superbowl party I could get on board with... sucks that you're preggo and can't really partake. 
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options

I only go to superbowl parties for the food :)

Same!!!
  • Options

Mine is super bowl related too. My company sponsors it so we're having a big party at work today. With kegs and an open bar. Like, during work hours. I'm legitimately pissed I'm pregnant. I'll just sit in the corner with my buffalo wings and pout.

And if I'm completely honest... I considered having just one. I mean, I have a glass of wine now and again at home. But I guess I should draw the line at drinking while pregnant at work functions.

Something similar came up for me the other day, and my husband said, "oh, you can have a little wine." I said, "As a pregnant lady, I really only feel comfortable drinking in the privacy of my own home" which is totally true! I also have the occasional small amount of alcohol at home but can't imagine ordering something at a restaurant or drinking in front of colleagues. Sigh.

My FFFC is that I hate the huge stroller systems so hard. At the OB yesterday there were three infants under probably 6 months with their parents in the waiting room. Each had a travel system contraption that they weren't even in, but took up so much space! I don't understand why a parent couldn't bring the kid from the car up an elevator to a waiting room just holding it. How long are they going to be in there, half an hour, an hour max? You can't hold your kid for that long? I get even more upset when they are somewhere like a farmers market where it's super crowded, but that's a whole different rant.
  • Options
    ksimo6 said:

Let's get this party started!

My confession- I give no shits about the Super Bowl....never have.

Lol! The girls in my family boycott the Super Bowl every year by watching Enchanted :)
  • Options
    I love the super bowl!!! I just don't feel like preparing food or cleaning up after it. My boys love it but I'd rather skip the mess this year. I guess my fffc is I'd rather let them all go to a friend's house even though it is our tradition to go big at home.
  • Options
    Frogger5 said:
    Mine is super bowl related too. My company sponsors it so we're having a big party at work today. With kegs and an open bar. Like, during work hours. I'm legitimately pissed I'm pregnant. I'll just sit in the corner with my buffalo wings and pout.

And if I'm completely honest... I considered having just one. I mean, I have a glass of wine now and again at home. But I guess I should draw the line at drinking while pregnant at work functions.
    Something similar came up for me the other day, and my husband said, "oh, you can have a little wine." I said, "As a pregnant lady, I really only feel comfortable drinking in the privacy of my own home" which is totally true! I also have the occasional small amount of alcohol at home but can't imagine ordering something at a restaurant or drinking in front of colleagues. Sigh. My FFFC is that I hate the huge stroller systems so hard. At the OB yesterday there were three infants under probably 6 months with their parents in the waiting room. Each had a travel system contraption that they weren't even in, but took up so much space! I don't understand why a parent couldn't bring the kid from the car up an elevator to a waiting room just holding it. How long are they going to be in there, half an hour, an hour max? You can't hold your kid for that long? I get even more upset when they are somewhere like a farmers market where it's super crowded, but that's a whole different rant.

Before the holiday my company had a happy hour and I had a co-worker take a beer for me to take home (it is only vailable during the holidays, and i woul dhave to buy a case of beer when that is the only one I want and hubby doesn't like the othe 10-11 beers either). It is still in my fridge and I cannot wait to have it tonight or tomorrow.

My FFFC is that I am super happy this is my second baby and I don't have to go to any baby showers--don't get me wrong I was and am totaly grateful for the 3 showers I had with my first, but 3 showers in 5 weeks was a lot for me, especially with GD--so had to watch what I ate and had severe edemia so I could barely walk (I was a swollen blimp). Just happy I can buy what I want/need for this little one without the big-to-do!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I hope this doesn't sound too naive of me...a guy I went to high school with had a horrible car accident when he was 21. He lost his leg and his eyesight. He has made such an incredible journey in the past ten years...get married, adapting competive sports (like snowboarding and waterskiing), becoming a massage therapist and a religious motivational speaker. His wife is also blind and they are expecting their first child this Spring. I'm just so curious on how they are going to do it. I know that they will find a way..I just would like a peek into how.
  • Options
    I hope this doesn't sound too naive of me...a guy I went to high school with had a horrible car accident when he was 21. He lost his leg and his eyesight. He has made such an incredible journey in the past ten years...get married, adapting competive sports (like snowboarding and waterskiing), becoming a massage therapist and a religious motivational speaker. His wife is also blind and they are expecting their first child this Spring. I'm just so curious on how they are going to do it. I know that they will find a way..I just would like a peek into how.
    That sounds intense! I would love to know too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I keep telling myself I need to watch what I eat because I can't exercise - but, all I'm doing is watching the food go in ;) Oh well! Bring on the desserts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"