July 2015 Moms

Stomach stretching

I can feel my stomach stretching and it hurts. Is there anything I can do to help the pain? :-/

Re: Stomach stretching

• I'm the same it's sooo sore! I've tried panadole but doesn't help! Heat packs good and prop yourself up with pillows :)
  • Same here. I've just been resting a lot. A good TV show takes my mind off the growing pains sometimes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh thanks! I've been feeling the same way and didn't know if it was normal. Can't get comfortable! It's like stretching from the inside ugh
  • BridgetB21BridgetB21 member
    edited January 2015
    I just talked to my doctor about this on Tuesday. She says its perfectly normal and not harmful to the pregnancy. Its called round ligament stretching (those deep painful tugs).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cream my stomach every morning and every night. no stretching pains!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Stretching is normal. Hurts at times and for sure is not the most comfortable thing ever ;).

I use a sugar scrub every night in the shower. I also have about 8 pillows ;) hubby hates them but they make me feel so much more comfortable!
  • My nurse told me Tylenol and heating pad is okay
  • I got a belly belt. It looks like a back brace and goes under your belly. I wear it a few hours a day and it really helps. I got mine at motherhood maternity. I think most people don't wear them until later in their pregnancy but my dr suggested it bc I had back surgery in July. I found it really helps the abdominal pain as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"