September 2012 Moms
Options

Clicky poll: blow jobs

PenelopePondPenelopePond member
edited January 2015 in September 2012 Moms
Yep. I'm just going to ask. I've wondered for awhile, so here it goes. How often do you give your H a blow job?

DH and the guys were discussing it at his work today, and what they said kind of surprised me.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

Clicky poll: blow jobs 67 votes

Weekly or more
17% 12 votes
A couple times a month
20% 14 votes
Every couple months
20% 14 votes
Once or twice a year
11% 8 votes
Very special occasions
10% 7 votes
Never
17% 12 votes
SS
0% 0 votes

Re: Clicky poll: blow jobs

• Options
    I'm not sure if this is necessary, but here's a disclaimer: DH is not pressuring me for anything. It really was a work conversation that got me curious. I don't want you guys thinking he's a dick ;)
  • Options
    I want to know the conversation! I put every couple months but I was thinking about to completion and not counting when I do a little for foreplay.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Basically everyone said that it never happens. I'm guessing there were about 15 guys in the conversation. One of them said it's been at least ten years, and then lots of them agreed it had been a ridiculously long time for them too. They're mostly mid 20s to late 30s.

I didn't think about foreplay vs finishing. Oops.
  • Options
    It's like a Sunday thing. Sometimes less. It keeps him happy. Happy man, happy clan.

• Options
    I put once or twice a year. I'm not a fan. Just like every other guy DH is so I suck it up a couple times a year. No pun intended btw.

• Options
    Pokedot said:
    I put once or twice a year. I'm not a fan. Just like every other guy DH is so I suck it up a couple times a year. No pun intended btw.

=))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow...odd one out over here.  Once a week, every other time we have sex or so.  I integrate it into foreplay rather than to finish.  I've always really enjoyed it though, because I like how into I can tell he is.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I am on the birthday & anniversary camp. It is not my favorite thing in the world, but I feel like I should do it more often.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited January 2015
    Ermagherd I am the worst wife ever. EVER.
    If you are then there are at least 11 others who are too, myself included.  I don't think giving BJs is what make a good wife. 
  • Options
    The other thing I wanted to say is that to me this is a tit for tat type thing.  If your husband performs oral sex, then I think reciprocating is nice, but if he doesn't, he has no room to complain. 
  • Options
    This is actually making me feel like a better wife. I thought I was the only one who was bad about this
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    The other thing I wanted to say is that to me this is a tit for tat type thing.  If your husband performs oral sex, then I think reciprocating is nice, but if he doesn't, he has no room to complain. 
    He can complain...    :\">

• Options
    It's a monthly thing for us I think... as foreplay, not to completion.  He's definitely not above asking, but I don't mind doing it, I just don't tend to offer on my own haha.  I definitely receive more than I give though.
  • Options

Pokedot said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm simultaneously reading the FB discussion about this, but don't want to chime in.  You know your relationship best, maybe he doesn't really care?  I can't give much advice, because I rarely do it. 
  • Options
    Pokedot said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I generally don't like to comment about our sex life too much on the bump - but my DH has reason to complain, and every once in a great while he will hint about it.  But at the end of the day, it's not what makes me a good or bad wife, or you either.  

I often tell him that I'm afraid he will leave me for someone who puts out more than I do (I don't really fear this, I just feel bad that we have two different drives).

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I can't wait until @jenndub comes in here and makes us all look like assholes. Kinky hoar.  ;)
    YOU READ MY MIND.  She's going to ask why twice a day isn't a survey choice!  :p

I don't let DH go down on me.  Haven't in 5 years.  I just don't like it. 

I honestly don't mind giving at all.  I used to be a (WARNING TMI) swallow-only kind of girl, and that is honestly what deters me.  I don't really know how to not swallow unless we're in the shower together.  So maybe we need to shower together more. 

Also, my sex drive is 100% on fire if there is alcohol involved (even a single glass of wine), and 100% non existent if there is not.  Is anyone else like that?  I drink some wine and it's all I I can think about, otherwise nope.  UNLESS we have two tipsy nights in a row and have sex both times, then it seems the more we have sex the more I want it, even sober.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    My problem right now is that I assume DH doesn't even want to hug or kiss me.  I mean, I think I sprouted neck rolls this week.  I daydream about having this kid and getting some of the weight off, drinking some wine, and really working hard on this part of our relationship.  I have the best husband and I find him so attractive, I need to get over my own insecurities.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    Pokedot said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I generally don't like to comment about our sex life too much on the bump - but my DH has reason to complain, and every once in a great while he will hint about it.  But at the end of the day, it's not what makes me a good or bad wife, or you either.  

I often tell him that I'm afraid he will leave me for someone who puts out more than I do (I don't really fear this, I just feel bad that we have two different drives).
    Thanks ladies! I just meant that I receive more than I give...He's into the whole oral thing, I'm just not BUT I really do need to make an efforto literally put out more especially since we're TTC. We need to have it for fun and not just when it's baby making time. Poor guy!

• Options
    tinyhumantoe said:

Also, my sex drive is 100% on fire if there is alcohol involved (even a single glass of wine), and 100% non existent if there is not.  Is anyone else like that?  I drink some wine and it's all I I can think about, otherwise nope.  UNLESS we have two tipsy nights in a row and have sex both times, then it seems the more we have sex the more I want it, even sober.
    Ugh I am the opposite.  I have a single glass of wine and I think it will make me feel warm and good and sexy, and instead it just makes me want to cuddle and sleep.  Or just sleep.  It stinks, cause I'd love it if I could combine some light drinking and some sex.
  • Options
    Wow...odd one out over here.  Once a week, every other time we have sex or so.  I integrate it into foreplay rather than to finish.  I've always really enjoyed it though, because I like how into I can tell he is.
    I'm here if we are including foreplay. I find it an easy way to get things hot fast and it takes very little time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I feel like a dirty bird liking your comment @hmp1, so that love tit is more of a "me too" than a "mmrrowl, you tiger!"

• Options
    I had to open this because I have OCD and all the threads must be opened. And with that I bow out.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Is it crazy that I'm flattered that you all think of me as a crazy sex machine? Because I'm loving that. I chose the weekly or more option, but I rarely let him finish, and NEVER in my mouth. It's usually a foreplay thing. I do let him finish on me about once a month, mostly if we're in the shower together. And I've stepped up my BJ game because strip teases are NOT happening right now. After I tone up this flabby ass I will be putting the strip tease back on the menu. And we are way overdue for a new sex tape. DH is traveling to Boston in early March so I will be sending dirty pictures for that. I need to get in shape. And we FaceTime when he's gone, that's always fun.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Damn I wish I were as brave as you @jenndub‌
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    @jenndub I get the feeling you and your DH like each other.  What's that like?  hahaha
    We like each other until we fight. And then we HATE each other during the fight. And then we're cool again after. We both need to work on disagreeing without wanting to kill each other.

Also, we were best friends for 7 years before we started dating, so I think that has been beneficial. And by dating, I hope you know that I mean we got drunk doing tequila shots and banged. We didn't officially become a couple until the year after that.
    This is exactly how DH and I were, just reduce the 7 years down to 2 since we were in our mid 20s when we met.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

Pokedot said:

MRoxy0628 said:

This is us totally. Since I had K I have absolutely no drive. It's not even something I can force myself to do. I'll get a wild hair every few months or so, but other than that, nada.
    He bitches about it all the time and says it's the reason he's always in a bad mood. Then I get pissed. It's a source of contention in our house.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"