January 2015 Moms

TGIF. Randoms

Bought a swing yesterday. DS slept in it for 4 1/2 hours and just woke up to feed now. Hopefully he will do another 4 1/2 after this. Fingers crossed ;)

I'm so glad DH will finally be home tonight. I hate his monthly, cross country, work trips.

Re: TGIF. Randoms

• edited January 2015
    @robsbabygirl08‌ I'm glad your H will be home tonight. I hope he gives you a nice break from baby.

She won't stop feeding! She just had two 40 minute feedings with in 15 minutes of each other and now she's back on the boob again! What the f*ck!? Is this normal??? At first I thought she was just using my boob as a pacifier but I can see her whole jaw and her lower ear moving and the lactation nurse told me that meant she's actually drinking. There is no way I have anything left in either boob! How can she still be hungry?!

• Loading the player...
  • Things I will never do again: go out to dinner with my DH, 5 1/2 year old, 6 day old and both sets of grandparents. My oh my...
  • Well, the swing didn't make his second nap any longer than usual. Boo. And I think I'm going to have to figure out something else for his reflux issues. He is burping like a champ but I can hear him constantly trying to swallow stuff down. Poor guy. @HappyMonkey817‌ glad to hear your poop went well. I guess I need to up my stool softener dosage. It still takes me 2-3 days to recover from a bowel movement.
  • @MrsDigger10‌ she's a day old...the nurse took her for an hour so I could sleep. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm lucky that she latches and is interested in BF, and I'm very happy that she is but at the same time I didn't think it would be like this. I'm terrified for her growth spurt..I'll have to remember to look up Kellymoms tips when it gets here.

• kmf218 said:

@MrsDigger10‌ she's a day old...the nurse took her for an hour so I could sleep. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm lucky that she latches and is interested in BF, and I'm very happy that she is but at the same time I didn't think it would be like this. I'm terrified for her growth spurt..I'll have to remember to look up Kellymoms tips when it gets here.

I feel for you. My LO was this way exactly when she was first born - I think it helps your milk come in for them to feed constantly. I would not be afraid to send her to the nursery from time to time so you can get some sleep.

Also, if your baby is anything like mine, she might have days and nights mixed up. I have been working on that since we got home, and - if it's any consolation - it's a ton better now at 12 days old. Last night she slept from 9-12, tonight from 9-1, for example, followed by 2 hour sleeps til morning.

Anyway, while you're in the hospital, if she's sleeping during the day a lot, I'd ask for a "do not disturb" sign so you can sleep, too.

Finally, I posted about this and someone gave me two super helpful sleep links a week ago - Lucie's list and one called "sweet newborn sleep" I think. They helped a lot.

Good luck, it gets better!

Ps kelly moms is great, too.
    Thank you for this! You have no idea how helpful it was to read that I'm not the only one whose baby does this.

I felt so guilty letting her go with the nurse but I feel a little better now that I slept some. I have this irrational fear that if I let her leave my sight she will some how get switched with another baby...I've had nightmares about it since I got a positive pregnancy test. The logical side of my brain is well aware of how irrational that fear is, but I still cried my eyes out watching her leave the room and inspected every inch of her when she came back to me. Seeing the penis shaped birth mark on her leg was a welcomed sight.

My H has tried really hard all day and night to take care of her and get me to sleep, but I hate hospitals and always get anxious when I'm in one. I managed pretty well in the L&D wing mostly because I was super distracted by the idea of having her and the room didn't have the usual "hospital" feel to it. A lot of the smells were similar but I could mask them with baby stuff.

The mommy and baby wing is the complete opposite. It has a traditional hospital feel and today I was more aware of where I was so my nerves got rattled.

We are supposed to be discharged tomorrow around lunch time (or at least that's the time the day nurse said to expect). My H is going to try and push for earlier because he knows I'll relax better at home. Thankfully we haven't had any major issues so I'm hoping his persistence works.

Omg...she's actually sleeping after a 20 minute feed! and now I'm crying lol. I don't think I've ever experienced so many emotions in one night.

• Ok, now I want cupcakes...

I think I'm going to attempt a trip to the grocery store today for the first time alone with LO. I have been out with her a lot, but for some reason going to the store makes me nervous. I think I'm going to wear her...
  • Pretty sure I have mastitis. My body is getting me back for the easy L&D. This is horrible.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post - I called my LC and doctor and am waiting for the doc to call in my antibiotics prescription!
  • 4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited January 2015
    I'm starting to worry about my mom. She has a very high stress, intellectual career. But she's here visiting me and out it really seems like she might be forgetting too much. Like things we talked about yesterday or the day before. Or maybe it's nothing and it's normal to forget the little stuff. She's being a big help and I'm really glad she's here. I'm being super patient with her and reminding my kids to be respectful. They aren't used to having grandparents around this long.

ETA, her grandmother had Alzheimer's
  • I forgot the sheer exhaustion of feeding a new baby in the middle of the night. Baby is 5 days old and has actually been pretty good. I just forgot the lack of sleep. I don't think I am as bad off this time because I slept horribly the last month of pregnancy.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Considering a run to BRU today to try and exchange some clothes we got a a gift. They're newborn size, and Little Man only fit in that size for about a week. Don't have a receipt, though, so no idea if they'll let me.

Gave C a bottle this morning and pumped, instead of letting him BF. It was so nice to empty the boobs after sleeping for a few hours and feeling them get super full.
  • My MIL is driving me crazy. I appreciate the help, but I am counting the days til she goes back home
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ds is sleeping in the swing, earlier he slept in the cradle, not well, but progress.  Looks like he might not be a carseat baby after all.

The nurse came to our house yesterday and weighed M.  He's .5 oz above his birth weight and she said I don't need to wake him up to feed him anymore.  I nearly kissed her!!  She also told me I could have been doing this since 1 week old but I get so much different info from different people.  Just the day before our family doc told me I needed to wake him until he was a month old.  Guess which lady has kids and which one does not.   I bet when the family doc has children she won't be waking a healthy baby until he/she is 1 month old.

Also - just reading up on the birth announcement page.  Nearly all of us team greens turned blue.  Funny how that worked out.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• For those whose babies are sleeping 4 and 5 hour stretches at night are you formula feeding or Breast feeding? Just curious. My baby is a month old and he still needs to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours at nignt? I'd love a long stretch to get caught up!!
  • Ds is sleeping in the swing, earlier he slept in the cradle, not well, but progress.  Looks like he might not be a carseat baby after all.

The nurse came to our house yesterday and weighed M.  He's .5 oz above his birth weight and she said I don't need to wake him up to feed him anymore.  I nearly kissed her!!  She also told me I could have been doing this since 1 week old but I get so much different info from different people.  Just the day before our family doc told me I needed to wake him until he was a month old.  Guess which lady has kids and which one does not.   I bet when the family doc has children she won't be waking a healthy baby until he/she is 1 month old.

Also - just reading up on the birth announcement page.  Nearly all of us team greens turned blue.  Funny how that worked out.
    @funinthenorth‌ so happy that your boy is gaining his weight back. And if anyone told me to wake a sleeping baby I would invite them over to do it themselves ;-) One of my girlfriends is a nurse educator for L&D and she said the new standard says to feed your newborn baby 8-12 times a day instead of every 2-4 hours. And that they are trying really hard to break the practice of waking to feed babies in the MOTN.
  • So are there any Team Green Momma's left or can I do a team Green poll?
  • Bryce1315 said:

For those whose babies are sleeping 4 and 5 hour stretches at night are you formula feeding or Breast feeding? Just curious. My baby is a month old and he still needs to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours at nignt? I'd love a long stretch to get caught up!!

Were at 3.5 weeks old, and getting two 3ish or 4ish hours of sleep stretches at night. I pump at night (it's working for us, but not everyone likes to pump so early), so I stuff Little Man full at 11ish when he wakes up. Change diaper, feed, diaper again, and fed again until he passes out. So far, that's what's worked for us, but it's still early.
  • @HappyMonkey817‌ Thanks! Headed there now to give it a shot.
  • We made it to the store and home without too much of an issue, but now LO is so over tired she is restless.

Question, for those that wear your LO at the store, when do you put your LO in your carrier? I had to take her out of her car seat in the cold to get her in my wrap and I felt terrible!
  • @soon2bejp, I usually put him in the carrier at the car. If it was super cold, I would sit in the back seat and do it, although that would be harder now with two carseats back there.
  • Jude has a mild case of RSV. Fantastic. The kid is hacking his face off. I feel terrible. They gave us a nebulizer, but the pharmacy has no treatments for it. Now I have to wait until 5 to go pick up his treatments. 

Oh yeah, he has no insurance. My work insurance fucking sucks. I was only covered until I ran out of sick time(last week) so now we have no coverage. I applied for state medical for him and they're dragging ass to process my application. 

In other news, I ordered 100 doughnut holes from Krispy Kreme for Sunday.

• Someone in March 15 bmb posted her announcement in our birth announcement thread?
    Weird, or just me? :-/

• @Beckydewell‌ I seriously just LOL'd at the mental image of your LO poking around in there trying to find the exit. Like poke, oops, no that's not it. Ha ha
  • @Bryce1315‌ LO is 10 days old and I am breast feeding her. During the day she goes 2-4 hours depending on how much activity we do (the more errands, etc, the shorter the naps). At night she will go 4-5.5 hrs... Usually with a fussy bit between 10-midnight.
  • heidih21 said:

Someone in March 15 bmb posted her announcement in our birth announcement thread?
    Weird, or just me? :-/

I kind of thought it was strange but wasn't sure about what was the norm. But I know Jan15 mom's that had their babies early still posted their announcements here.
    Oh well I guess.

Having a baby in January would technically make her a Jan15 mom. Maybe she'll jump back and forth. Cause they're probably her friends. But she can play here since her baby is gonna be hitting milestones with our babies.
    Ahh, this is true. Didn't even think of the milestones. Good point.

• Stitches an lochia getting on my very last nerves!!!!

In happier news I had a consult with a lactation coach an learnt some awesome stuff!
  • I want cupcakes now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"