February 2015 Moms

Bottle recomendations?

Anyone know of a good brand to go with? I've heard good things about doc browns but I'm still undecided & with baby due in less than 2 weeks I'm tryna to get all my last minute things, so if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated (:

Re: Bottle recomendations?

• Lansinoh Momma bottles were my favorite. I do not like Dr. Brown because of all the parts to clean - Dr Brown has 5 pieces per bottle vs Lansinoh (and many other brands) that have 3 pieces. May not seem like a big deal, but the hassle factor was there for me!

My son didn't take bottles well and we had to try a lot before finding the one he would take. I would suggest only buying one and trying it to see if baby will take it before buying more. If you're bottle feeding exclusively, maybe go for a 3 pack at first until you know more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm mostly a fan of Born Free but I'll second Lansinoh as well.
    Anniversary  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We love then Avnet bottles. They come in glass or plastic. We have used them for both of our kids (we purchase new nipples) and haven't had any problems. Hopefully this LO will love them too. I do agree and buy a small qty first in case your LO doesn't like that kind. I have 5 sisters and they have all used Avent. They don't leak and they are easy to clean.
  • I use Avent
  • simplymilansimplymilan member
    edited January 2015
    Love tommee tippee
  • We love Tommy Tippee. It was the first I tried with DD and she took it and so we never tried anything else. Idk if she just took to the first one we tried because she was formula fed or we just got lucky. We have all Tommy Tippee so I bought new nipples and hope this little one will take to them too.
  • Huge fan of the Born Free. It was the only one she took to.
  • I'm nursing but bought some Avent ones for back as I used them with my daughter and they did the job pretty well.
  • Love Born Free bottles. This will be our third time using them.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used Dr. Browns and it seemed to help cut down on gas.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have Tommee Tippee and Avent bottles. Out of all the research I have done, Tommee Tippee is the best for transitioning from breast to bottle and Avent is the best at preventing Colic.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bought the munchkin latch as an option to try. Supposed to be good if you are also planning to breast feed.
  • I used Dr. Brown's w/ both boys and they never spit up or had gas. This time I just bought new nipples for them so we will be using them again.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • I put a lot of Dr. Brown's on my registry and it turns out he doesn't like them at all. I had some avent bottles that work the best for us. He has no problem going back and forth from boob to bottle, but for some reason really doesn't like Dr.Brown's. So I wouldn't buy any in bulk - I have to return all of mine!

BabyFetus Ticker

• We went with the Born Free glass bottles. My husband and I were pretty adamant about having glass rather than plastic. We got silicone sleeves to go with them. I can't give you an opinion on them quite yet though because our LO is due 2/24 and I'm hoping to breast feed.
  • I love Avent... No problem with gas, and very easy to clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"