February 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else dealing with insomnia???

I am due 3 weeks from today and can't sleep!!!!  Aside from the never ending bathroom trips I simply can't get comfy and my mind won't turn off- thinking of last minute to-do's, the birth, etc.  Doesn't help that I am still working, when Im laying there at 3:00am I get even more anxious trying to fall back asleep knowing my alarm will go off in 3 hours to head to work (where I am basically a zombie and far from productive).  This run down feeling has given me my first cold sore in over 5 years!  Hoping doc gives me a note to stop next week.  How is everyone else fairing with the sleep?  I hope you all are much more rested than I am feeling!  Never been so glad to see a Friday....

Re: Anyone else dealing with insomnia???

• Options
    Always been an insomniac. I'm up past 1:30 every night. Last night was bad. Up till 2:30. And been up since 6:30 when hubby left for work. He's doing a 24 hr shift so I hope baby girl doesn't decide to be spontaneous and try to come out today. Due in 10 days! I'm not working, so I'm lucky in that department.

So my nights are like this; sleep around 1:30/2. Get up every hour to pee. Get up officially around 6:30/7 cause I'm hungry. Eat, sit up to digest a bit. Fall back asleep around 8:30/9. Get up around 12.

I pray you start to get sleep! And I'm glad it's Friday for you!!
  • Options
    I sleep like crap too. Most of us do. Body pillows are great to cuddle up to while your mind is racing and your bladder is screaming for you to stop being lazy and go to the bathroom. Even though you're miserable I hope your LO stays in long enough to get rid of that cold sore! That way you can give all the hugs and kisses you want. I'd hate to give birth and not be able to kiss her little hands,head,and toes. FX for you to heal before the big day
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not me. 36 weeks and I sleep like a baby, pregnancy pillow helps. I can't wait to stop working in 3 weeks though.
  • Options
    Try journaling or writing out to-do lists before bed. Writing out your concerns can get your mind off of things. As for being uncomfortable, I think we're all in that boat. My insomnia is mainly a result of Restless Legs Syndrome and having to pee every 5 min (literally) when I lay down.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    I have gone through periods of insomnia during this pregnancy, but right now I am sleeping really well. I sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and a wedge-shaped pillow supporting my belly, I use breathe-right strips to hold my stuffy nose open, and dab my pillowcase with lavender essential oil. I wake up to pee a few times in the night, but I am so used to it by now it doesn't bother me that much. (as long as my partner isn't snoring too loud that night - I have trouble getting back to sleep sometimes because of that)

If you can, just think of the insomnia as practice ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was rediculous.
    I was getting max 3-4 hrs sleep a night and mentally/physically felt terrible.
    My OB just gave me the green light to take a Benedryl or Gravol before bed and had zero concerns (I'm scheduled for a section next week and he said it's more important to have sleep right now and be rested & sane lol) and slept quite well the past 2 nights and feel like a new woman! Thankfully!
  • Options
    It's the worst! I had to take Benadryl to help gets some rest. It would help me between bathroom breaks to have a deeper sleep. Also try to slow down on your water intake a few hours before bed. That helps me too.
  • Options
    I am up every hour to pee or get comfortable. Most nights I am up from about 3:30-5:30 for heartburn and being uncomfortable. Yep, pregnancy is a means to an end in my book, not a fun thing.
  • Options
    I only get Maybe 2 hours of sleep. Between getting up to pee, the heartburn, and lovely candy crush.
  • Options
    Yuppp right now. My dh is snoring and laughs in his sleep..its kind of funny but really annoying. :-S
  • Options
    I'm up now! Probably because I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 from exhaustion. My pattern is all messed up.
  • Options
    em4iowaem4iowa member
    edited February 2015
    I can see why women want to stab their partners in the head with a screwdriver postpartum. After several nights of insomnia coming back to haunt me I'm about to get the screwdriver out early... listening to the blissful sounds of the husband sleeping peacefully next to me is starting to get super old.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was doing great till this week. 3 nights in a row. Insomnia, thou art a heartless bitch.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really wish I could sleep but no matter what I do I can't...due in a week and 5 days and just wish it could be over so I can have a reason to be up...I'd rather be awake holding my little one rather than flipping from side to side trying to get comfortable...ugh :(
  • Options
    I slept 12 hours today!! I only got up twice to use the bathroom and fell right asleep. It's probably from my allergies but I'll take it! It probably won't happen again.
  • Options
    @toamberroy‌ good luck!! I probably couldn't sleep either in your shoes but I hope you're able to at least get a few hours!
  • Options
    I wrote a whole thing about how I actually sleep pretty well, but then I realized I sounded like a complete douche so i erased it. Ignore me.
  • Options
    It's 3 am now and I've been tossing and turning all night! When I sleep well it's usually due to my body pillow called a schnoodle, because I write down my to do list before bed and try to clear my mind, limit drinking water too close to bed time and doing something active during the day like a walk, yoga etc.
  • Options
    I have been dealing with this for a few weeks now and my doctor gave me the ok to take tylenal PM for the really painful nights. My hips have been the cause of most of my sleeping issues as well as having to go to the bathroom all of the time. Call your doctor to make sure, but my suggestion is Tylenol Pm.

Krista 
  • Options

I slept 12 hours today!! I only got up twice to use the bathroom and fell right asleep. It's probably from my allergies but I'll take it! It probably won't happen again.

I envy this sooooo much!!!! All I want is more than 30-60 minutes of sleep!!!
  • Options
    I sleep awesome from 9pm til 2amish. Then i am wide awake until 5 or 6am. Still working and almost 38 weeks. :)>-
  • Options
    My midwife gave me Vistaril (hydroxyzine) to take as needed. It helped me fall asleep, but not stay asleep, and I woke up feeling more tired than if I had not slept in the first place. I wasn't able to function well at work, so I stopped taking it. Benadryl has a similar effect for me. I can hang in there for a few more weeks without the drugs. Everyone tells me to "get used to it" anyway..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"