May 2015 Moms

24 weeks and I'm tired!!!

Hello ladies!!! I just hit 24 weeks and I am ssssoooooo tired!!! I thought this wouldn't hit until the third trimester. Anyone else experiencing this? What are you doing to help ease the fatigue during the day? I want my coffee!!!

Re: 24 weeks and I'm tired!!!

• MissRissx3MissRissx3 member
    edited January 2015
    You're bound to be tired throughout your whole entire pregnancy. It's common for it to "calm down" a bit during the 2nd trimester, but every pregnancy is different. My advice would be drink plenty of water and make sure you're getting the proper amount of sleep each night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks.... I wake up three times every night to use the bathroom too!!! I don't remember it being this uncomfortable with my son (which was 11 years ago! Yikes!!!)
  • I have been going to bed by 10 and getting up at 8 (I work at 11 on weekdays). With that said, the time between 10 and 8 doesn't involve a lot of deep restorative sleep. I have just surrendered myself to it and try to not get worked up at 3am. I'm so tired! I can't imagine going through this with one child already... And we do plan for another.
  • I'm pretty sure I can't remember the last time I didn't feel tired. 

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I can only echo the others - I've been knackered since week 7. Only difference now is I have to get up every hour (!!!) for a wee.

I have just been eating more for the energy and resting as much as poss.

Work is so hard when you're tired... Bring on the weekend >.<
  • I started doing a little pregnancy yoga (from YouTube because I'm too lazy to leave home) and it kind of gave me that little boost of energy but it doesn't really last too long unless I do things after like cleaning but better than nothing .. I find myself tired most of the time too I think we deserve to be lazy.
  • I'm exhausted, too. DH gets so upset because sometimes I'll just conk out on the sofa / bed at 9 p.m.

Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • I'm out by 9:30 every night without fail. I'm a young mom at 21 and this tired, glad I decided to do it young. I was talking to my aunt the other day who also had kids young and just had another quite a few years later, she said she can definitely feel the age difference!
  • Yes yes yes. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep in like 2 weeks. I have been up at least 1-2 times a night to pee and then I don't really get back to sleep because all I can hear is DH snoring (even through earplugs!)

I love naps and weekends

A friend warned me about it and her joke was that baby must be growing something really important that day to make her so tired
  • Yes!! At first I blamed it on my toddler but this is severe exhaustion. Hoping to get blood checked soon. Taking my glucose test tomorrow so it might be checked then but I was wondering about possibly anemia
  • Ash1103 said:

Yes!! At first I blamed it on my toddler but this is severe exhaustion. Hoping to get blood checked soon. Taking my glucose test tomorrow so it might be checked then but I was wondering about possibly anemia

I was feeling extremely exhausted and sure enough I am anemic! The doctor put me on iron supplements and I am feeling much better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well thank you all for your comments. More naps for me!!!! Hello Friday!
  • mamajama3mamajama3 member
    edited January 2015
    It's ok to have a little coffee to get you through the day too ;). I work for a coffee company and am glad to have it on those super exhausted week days where I look at the clock and it's not even the afternoon yet. I try to drink no more than one small cup a day (and some days I don't have any), but occasionally I'll have two cups.
  • 23 weeks and I've been in bed my 8 pm every night since about 18 weeks lol luckily my husband is just as tired too so we both are out like lights! (Until i have to take one of my 6 bathroom trips!) yet mornings are STILL hard to get going
  • Yeah being 24 weeks and watching my cousins baby who is 3 months shy of 2, is no joke. I wake up at 6:15 every week day morning and he doesn't leave until 4:45. Then I cook dinner, clean up the house and then have to worry about how much sleep I'm gonna get that night. DH stays up forever so I'm always complaining and whining about how tired I am. We're growing humans for Christs sake! :( I should be getting way more than 6 hours of sleep !
  • I'm sure this will be a little controversial to say but - I must have the coffee! I've heard and read some mixed reviews on coffee use. Personally I decided early on that I wasn't going to cut it out entirely. I only have a cup or two a day and even that is weak coffee and heavy on the creamer. I don't think I would make it through the workday without it.
  • I found that my fatigue is coming back too. Coupled with getting up at night to pee and also the need to eat again at 3am before I get hangry. I seriously feel like a growing teenage boy with as much food I'm eating...haha
  • I agree with all of the above, I'm at 23 weeks and I'm 24 years old and I'm just down right pooped all the time. When second trimester first hit I got this odd boost of energy but it seems to have completely gone away. I'm also a nurse and usually we are taught that it is okay to have a small cup of coffee a day but caffeine is a diuretic and the last thing I need to be doing is producing more urine so I stay away from it for that reason! Glad to hear I'm definitely not alone... I just got the flu too so I feel like everything I do is so dramatic but it's been a horror show ever since I got sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"