April 2015 Moms

Crab sticks/seafood sticks/fish sticks.

Right, I have already done a search about eating seafood but I have not come across seafood sticks/crab sticks/fish sticks, whichever you wish to call them.
Are they safe to eat? The ones from the supermarket? Or are they a thing to eat in moderation?
I've seen posts about sushi, but I'm not sure if they're classed as sushi or not. So I thought I'd ask.

Re: Crab sticks/seafood sticks/fish sticks.

• I don't know if the supermarket ones are raw or not. I've checked the packaging but it doesn't actually say.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you going to cook them? If you're cooking them, they are no longer raw fish so you don't need to be concerned. You can check what kind of fish they are specifically in terms of the recommendations for how often you could eat them but moderation would be a safe bet. 

Anniversary

• Obviously they're not all crab but they have to have something in them to make them seafood... This is what I'm asking, if they're raw or not.

I'm asking if they're okay to eat or if they're to be eaten in moderation. I didn't post to be picked on, it's not as if I've asked a question that's been asked many of times, I genuinely didn't know and didn't find an answer on any other posts.
    So get off your high horse.
  • Are you going to cook them? If you're cooking them, they are no longer raw fish so you don't need to be concerned. You can check what kind of fish they are specifically in terms of the recommendations for how often you could eat them but moderation would be a safe bet. 

Thank you, you're a help!
  • I eat them straight from the packaging, it doesn't state on the packaging if they're raw or not. So I'm asking if I should assume.

Thank you, you're a help!

Seriously, it did not occur to you that once you cook them, they are no longer raw?

This is what I'm asking. I don't know if prepackaged ones came raw or not. As they don't say "raw seafood sticks" on the package.
  • They don't come frozen...
  • Eat the crab sticks by cooking them and the frozen fish sticks raw
  • I have googled if they're safe to eat, it does not tell me. Else I wouldn't be asking.
  • Obviously I didn't search hard enough, I'm oh so very sorry.
  • This is a fucking joke, right?

Complete joke. Can't you see? HA HA HA.
  • This is a fucking joke, right?

Complete joke. Can't you see? HA HA HA.
  • I'm surprised compared to other threads this made you feel "picked on". You literally got legitimate feedback and questions from over half the responders. I don't understand how they were "picking" on you, most of them took it easy. And yes, there is major confusion about what a fish stick is to you, most people consider them the deep fried frozen things you microwave and dip in tarter sauce.
  • @clover28‌ not only do I remember it but I relived it just shortly after it took place. I was a teenager (trying to use this as an excuse for my stupidity) and while home alone one day I decided I needed a snack of tuna fish with crackers. I couldn't find tuna in my mom'a pantry but I did find canned chicken. In my head chicken of the sea=tuna also applied to canned chicken=tuna lol. I mixed it up and ate a bit, it didn't taste very good. My mom came home and discovered the left overs in the fridge later and asked who the hell mixed up a bowl of chicken and mayo. When I explained myself the look on her face was a mix of "that's hilarious" and "where did I go wrong?"
  • clover28 said:

"Is this chicken that I'm eating or is this fish?" - Jessica Simpson

Not related to fish sticks or crab in any way, but please someone else say that they remember this.

But seriously, who doesn't think of that when they see Chicken of the Sea now?
  • NagaWater said:
    "Is this chicken that I'm eating or is this fish?" - Jessica Simpson Not related to fish sticks or crab in any way, but please someone else say that they remember this.
    But seriously, who doesn't think of that when they see Chicken of the Sea now?
    Every. Fucking. Time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"