June 2015 Moms

20 week ultrasound

hello ladies!

I had my 20 week ultrasound today- SHE is going great and looks good, except one thing! They found a white spot on her heart.. I believe the doctor called it EIF. My doctors referred me to a speciality doctor to get a closer look at her heart. My blood work AFP was negative so that's a good sign!

Has anyone had this with previous pregnancies or with this pregnancies? I'm a labor and delivery nurse- but I'm still freaked out since it's my first baby! Would love to hear from anyone and everyone!

Re: 20 week ultrasound

• No personal experience, but have lots of friends who have. From my understanding it's pretty common and is usually benign when not coupled with other markers. Try not to stress yourself out - good luck!

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Loading the player...
  • My girl has the same thing, and I just had my follow up u/s with MFM yesterday. They told me that everything else looks healthy & all my genetic screenings looked good so there's no need for me to worry. Hope your follow-up goes well... I know it's nerve wracking to hear that anything is potentially amiss with your baby!
    BFP#1: 9/21/13  EDD: 5/31/14 m/mc @ 7w6d on 10/27/13
    BFP#2: 10/4/14  EDD: 6/7/15  DD born 6/4/15💕
    BFP#3: 12/24/19 EDD: 9/6/20
  • At least your blood work was good. I hope that's a sign that everything is fine. I've read about this a few times on here and I believe it's always ended well. I wouldn't worry too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"