Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

CF Carrier, help!

I am freaking out. Today at my OBGYN appointment two things were confirmed. 1. That I am 9 weeks 5 days pregnant. 2. Than my husband and I are both carriers of cystic fibrosis gene We were rushed off to another doctor as we have 1 in 4 chance of having a child with CF. They even had the audacity to ask me if I knew the odds of the fact we were both carriers, apparently very rare. The 2nd high risk doctor we saw today started crying. Appointment with genetic counselor scheduled for next week - CVS scheduled in two weeks. Freaking out. I told my friends was so excited I was newly married (3 weeks) and pregnant age 38! Now I feel like everything is over.

Re: CF Carrier, help!

• Options
    @kc06think maybe this is a question that you could post on the first trimester board. This is a board for pregnancy loss, not pregnancies. I'm not trying to be rude. Good luck!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you've gotten that awful news. 

Are you looking for people that have miscarried with this diagnosis or people that are currently pregnant? If the latter then I agree with ashleyann62215. 

Good luck *hug* 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're looking for answers to @Nikolie93‌ first question you've come to the right place!
  • Options
    I was looking for advice from those on this board who have had to make the decision to terminate. That being said based on the cold response, I'll seek support elsewhere.
  • Options
    I am sorry you felt as if the response was cold, it was not. I was asking a simple question as I wasn't sure what your intent was since I didn't see a direct question in your post. 

I hope you find the support you need and I really do wish you well. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Nobody was trying to be cold. It's just hard for people who have had recent losses or losses period to talk about pregnancy. Sorry you feel that way. I hope you find the answers you're looking for!
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Thanks. I understand. I sustained a significant loss years ago and feel like this is tearing me apart all over again. I appreciate the kind words.
  • Options
    @kc061276‌ I can totally be of help to you. I am just recovering from my D & E because my little boy would have been born with CF. I want you to relax and think positive. I have 2 beautiful girls and believe it or not 1 is a carrier of CF and my little one isn't even a carrier. So with all my pregnancies were different outcome thank gd. I'm sure you will go next week for your Cvs, unless you made a decision not to have one. And you will have to wait 2 long weeks to get results back. I'm sure you baby will be just fine and I'm praying for you. I'm here for you if you have any questions or need support. I just want you to know that for me my decision was made when I knew my hubby and I might face this one day. Be strong and think positive, all will be ok.
  • Options
    Wow.. I know it is every parents decision to terminate a pregnancy or not but just because your child would have been with cf , I don't see that a reason to do that! My mom had cf n lived 30 years! I am pregnant n am a carrier of it. Waiting to see if my boyfriend is n if so I would never terminate because of that!
  • Options
    It was extraordinarily rude of you to bump up an older thread simply to pass judgement. This particular forum is for the support of those who have lost a pregnancy. Those of us here are in a very fragile place right now. For a still pregnant woman to come on here with such an insulting post is either ignorant or inhumane.
  • Options

Wow.. I know it is every parents decision to terminate a pregnancy or not but just because your child would have been with cf , I don't see that a reason to do that! My mom had cf n lived 30 years! I am pregnant n am a carrier of it. Waiting to see if my boyfriend is n if so I would never terminate because of that!

This is extremely rude of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"