Multiples

Short term disability & maternity leave

just wondering if you're put on bed rest, do you use your short term disability until you deliver and then get to use your maternity leave time after that?

Re: Short term disability & maternity leave

• Yes that is the way mine works. I am currently working from home, but if I drop below 80% if my authorized hours they will pay up to almost 100%. After the babies are born I will get an additional 6-8 weeks short term disability is utilize my saved PTO and sick leave. My short term disability policy covers up to 24 weeks per year, and the reason I get almost 100% is because there is a "work incentive" clause. It will be 60% during my actual maternity leave.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersiv>
  • This is a tricky question that really should be posed to your HR dept.  Unless you're talking about state-mandated STD vs. state/federal FMLA, a company can set it's own policy about when you take STD and maternity leave.  For example, my company requires that FMLA be taken concurrently with STD.  Even if you take company-sponsored STD separate from FMLA, STD (except state-mandated STD) is not job-protected leave. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same at my work. FMLA is "per event" so the clock starts ticking when I take any time off in a 12 mo period related to my pregnancy. I'm hoping for no bed rest so I can get 12 weeks after the babies are here!
  • For me I only received STD once I had the babies. It all depends on the riders that your company has selected. I got put on bedrest at 33 weeks but didn't qualify for STD for that because I didn't meet any of the 'reasons' to be put on it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"