January 2015 Moms

Thursdays bullsh*t......The Randoms Thread

Re: Thursdays bullsh*t......The Randoms Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck @JMcBick‌

4 1/2 hours of sleep! A quick feeding followed by 20 minutes of pumping. Now let's hope she sleeps another good stretch...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JMcBick said:

I think I might be in labor... I'm only feeling the contractions in my lower abdomen but they are pretty strong and coming every 8 minutes. Do they count as real contractions if you don't feel it in your whole abdomen? Dumb FTM here.

They count if you make cervical change.
    Labor can feel differently for every woman. Usually, your belly will become tight, and you'll feel a coming and going of cramps in the front. Sometimes woman will feel it in their lower backs too.
    Just keep timing them. They should get closer together and stronger.
    You'll know when your in active labor. You'll just know. When you can't talk or think while you contract, it's probably go time.

• edited January 2015
    Good luck @JMcBick‌

Oh, look who's already up again for another damn bottle! This is seriously almost more than I can take. I really hope he can get a better system going before I go back to work next week.
  • Good luck, @JMcBick‌.

DS2 and I have started sleeping / feeding in the living room because DH is completely useless when he doesn't get enough sleep. It's comfy enough in the living room, but DH says he misses us in our room. Well, I miss him being awake and involved in the evenings, so I think we're going to continue this.

I got invited to a dinner with DH's work tonight, but I said I'm not going without DS2. He's just so little (2 weeks), and I'm not ready to leave him with a babysitter. Hopefully he'll just sleep the whole time at the restaurant and not bother anyone.
  • JMcBick said:

I think I might be in labor... I'm only feeling the contractions in my lower abdomen but they are pretty strong and coming every 8 minutes. Do they count as real contractions if you don't feel it in your whole abdomen? Dumb FTM here.

I never felt thrm in my whole stomach this time, my whole stomach wasnt even getting hard with contractions!
  • My nipples and my hooha hurt...that is all

• @papalie maybe ask your Dr if massage could help? I pinched a nerve in my neck earlier on and it was the only thing that helped.
    I don't know about post-surgery, but it might be worth checking out and going for a relaxing massage would be nice regardless!
  • I'm due tomorrow (I always thought it was 1/31, but the Dr told me its 1/30-oops).
    I'm not close, I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.
  • I just text DH, who is away on business this week, and told him I hope he is taking advantage of the fact that he can go to bed as early as he wants and sleep all night. Because when he gets home on Friday night, it's all him, I am checking out until Sunday night. Two weeks without more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep is complete BS. I can't keep functioning like this.

I'm in the same boat in regards to sleeping. My SO takes baby the first time he wakes up, so I do get about 4 hours of sleep, but after that- baby won't sleep for more than 30 mins at a time and I can't nap in the day. Anyways- my lack of sleep has pushed me away from the bump. I may have to force myself to nap today.

• Epidurals are a gift from the gods. I lasted almost 3 hours with intense every 2-3 min contractions and am now enjoying just feeling pressure. 5 cm as of 745a, gonna get checked again at 10a. My water broke with the check at 745 and was meconium stained ... Anyone have experience with this? Unfortunately my knowledge of mec is limited to NiCU horror stories about aspiration haha
  • @robbsbabygirl08  So sorry to hear that you are so exhausted.  Hang in there for 1 more day - you can do it.

We have been trying out different sleep locations for M.  The car seat was his favourite and was allowing me to get 2.5 hours stretches of sleep between feedings.  We know that it's not recommended to let him sleep in there so we have been continuing to try different spots out - during the day while we are actually "awake".  Yesterday he went to good stretches in the cradle so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Dh parents came up yesterday and made supper for us, with enough leftovers for tonight too.  Nice.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• @papapalie‌, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! I really hope it starts getting even a little better soon
  • @papapalie‌ call the doc and see if you can get a gas pill prescription- I had the worst pains after both c sections snd it wasn't from the incision it was the gas bubbles in shoulders. Hope you feel better soon but seriously that med made all the difference for me
  • My 18 month old daughter has been showing some interest in potty lately so since my Moms here she has been putting her on it when she asks. She just told us she needed to use the potty, sat down on it and said 'i need a book' lol she kills me!

Potty related - took a supistory last night and happy to report that I am now feeling much better but good god those were a miserable few hours after
    I took it... :( for those that did a suppository- did you continue to nurse after or did you pump and dump? Of course I pumped last night and got the most I've ever pumped and would hate to toss but don't want baby to get sick-
    Heading to doctor for weigh in for Jack at 1 so will ask her then but just wondering what others did
  • Why hello, ladies, long time no see, right?
    I can also say that gas pains are horrible, and I never had them as bad as I do now. I'm taking some generic gas-relief chew tablets, they seem to help a bit. 
    Anybody know the best way to reduce the horrible swollen feeling of ladybits? Would that be what the sitz baths are for..? The nurse at the hospital didn't exactly go over -that- part of recovery, before I was discharged; I kind of would like to know how to keep that area as comfy as possible >_>
  • @funinthenorrh and @papapalie thanks for the encouragement. I totaled about 2.5 hours last night between all the screaming. It was our worse night so far. It just sucks not having a single soul around to help out.

@papapalie the faster you can start walking, the quicker your body will start to absorb and expel all the gas. The neck and shoulder pain from the gas hurt more to me than my actual incisions. Hope you get some relief.

@funinthenorth LO fell asleep in his carseat on the way home yesterday and I let him stay. I'm going to buy a swing today to see if he will sleep better in there.
  • @robsbabygirl08‌ I'm so sorry your having a tough time- I'll second the swing idea- both my kids sleep good in the swing so it buys me a few hours of sanity- totally worth it!
  • @robsbabygirl08  Do whatever it is you have to do to get yourselves through the tough days.  I hope the swing works wonders and if not, you know he likes the car seat.  A few good sleeps for you will work miracles.

@papapalie   Uggg - I hope you are feeling better soon.  On top of everything else you have dealt with birth wise it doesn't seem fair that you are continuing to be in so much discomfort.  Thinking of you.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• @Reiden my midwife suggested a few things that have worked to keep my ladybits more comfortable and healing. Take a warm bath with Epsom salts then lay on a towel to air dry after. And make padsickles by pouring witch hazel on a pad (not Always brand) and freeze...feels amazing and helps with healing. Good luck, recovery is a bish.
  • My little buddy is 1 month old today! It's so bittersweet-I don't want him to get bigger but I'm looking forward to him interacting with us!

LO has had a stuffy nose since yesterday. I can't tell if it is a cold or if he inherited my allergies. He hates having his nose cleaned out, and it's breaking this mama's heart!

Happy 1 month to our babies!

Jude is stuffy also. He takes the nose cleaning sometimes. I gotta get each nostril really good the first 1 or 2 tries. After that I get fighting. And have you tried squirting some breastmilk in his nose? It's been recommended to me multiple times. I try to get it every feeding. I let it sit up there until he's done eating and then I get the boogie sucker.

• Megpie5 said:
    @Reiden my midwife suggested a few things that have worked to keep my ladybits more comfortable and healing. Take a warm bath with Epsom salts then lay on a towel to air dry after. And make padsickles by pouring witch hazel on a pad (not Always brand) and freeze...feels amazing and helps with healing. Good luck, recovery is a bish.
    I will shuffle over to Rite Aid later and nab witch hazel and epsom salts, then. Here's to hoping it works great. I'm getting tired of coughing and feeling like my hips are about to blow out D: 
  • @robsbabygirl08‌ The crying at 15 minute intervals is how we ended up bed sharing. For now, anyway. Little Man and I both sleep better. I hope things improve for you and LO. Sounds like neither of you are resting.

In related news and as my random, Little Man is napping in his crib for the first time ever. While I'm into the bed sharing for now, this isn't a forever thing. So excited he's sleeping on his own right now.

And a short complaint: DH went to a mini conference today. He turned off his alarm this morning and fell back asleep, so in rushing out the door he left me with a dog that needed walking and a hungry, sleepy baby. That 8am walk was a challenge to get everyone loaded and walked. Beagles are not particularly well behaved, and hungry babies are not very patient. Neither are hungry mommies. That's the last time I'm doing that first thing in the morning.
  • @littlefoote I'm sorry. Hope you guys can figure out how to move forward.

@Beckydewell‌ thanks I will check it
    Out! And obviously if your lo is sleeping it must mean labor is imminent!
  • @yvonnesophie‌ I Saw that video yesterday! I wanted to link it, but I was too lazy to even Hassel with it.
    It was good though!

• Today makes me two days overdue and I feel like she is never coming out!! As of Monday I was only 50% thinned and no contractions or anything. I have a NST scheduled tomorrow and another dr appointment on Monday. Hoping for some sort of action soon!
  • @Robsbabygirl08 - I hope you get some sleep soon!  Hang in there!

JMcBick‌ - good luck!!

@papapalie‌ - FX you feel better soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My due date is today and I started maternity leave per request from my doctor. I'm only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Baby is taking his sweet time. And I'm sooooo bored out of my mind!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yvonnesophie‌ I Saw that video yesterday! I wanted to link it, but I was too lazy to even Hassel with it.
    It was good though!

I posted that link in the Randoms thread earlier this week.
  • @heidih21‌ I LOVE my ergo! I have been able to make dinner twice this week because of it, which is a huge accomplishment. Haha! LO falls asleep within minutes of being put in it so I wear that sucker everywhere we go.

Ok... How do you keep LO's head from falling forward? I feel like he can't breathe in there
  • @Reiden‌ - how did your birth go? Everything go okay with placing your LO? I remember reading your story a few months ago, being worried about your BF being able to be there and everything and thought about you the other day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"