February 2015 Moms

Ummmmm. Ok Dr's office

The Dr office just called me to confirm my Drs appointment with the Dr on Friday at 8am.

I asked her at the hospital?? And she was like ummmm. Then I said its for a csection so that's where I'll be.

She went and called the Dr and then came back and said yeah he will be there.

Like omg! Doesn't give me much confidence. The only saving grace is this will be my third csection with the same Dr's.
Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ummmmm. Ok Dr's office

• Loading the player...
  • Just like the title my response is... Ummmmm ok. Seriously though I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• They probably don't tell the person calling with appointment reminders anything about the scheduled procedures because of HIPPA. I had a similar experience when I was scheduling the longer GTT on the phone and asked if I was supposed to fast before it. The person I was talking to had to call someone to ask and came back with an umm yeah response. I just attrbuitted the awkwardness to the skills of the person hired to schedule appointments, not to the clinic as a whole.
  • Why would you read into the person calling to confirm your appointment? Mine are confirmed by a robot.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know its frustrating when the person you get to talk to sounds clueless but I think the pp are correct.  No need to worry. The person calling you was just a scheduler and she probably either didn't have access to the "appointment details" or she didn't read carefully.  All will be well!

• Is it a standard scheduled csection? How far along are you?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah. It's a repeat scheduled csection. I'll be exactly 39 weeks tomorrow when I have my csection.

I think the receptionist just didn't look at what the appointment was for and just assumed it was for a regular appointment.

Just worrisome when your already nervous. But I'm sure all will be ok. 8hrs to go til surgery time.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"