LGBT Parenting
Options

#3 ICI @ home #7 TTC (TMI somewhat, mostly funny)

Well, we deiced to go ahead and inseminate 2 two days earlier before O day. The first time we tried ICI at home with 3 vials, we did it on the day of O- 12, 24, 36 hours- ended in a BFN, second time we only had 2 vials, we did it the night of O day, and 24 hours later the next day- ended in a BFN. After reading Taking Charge of your Fertility, we looked at DW temp charts, notice that we MIGHT have been doing it too late. Also she has been having somewhat of fertile EWCM, not as much as the book recommends, she was taking clomid days 5-9, which can cause more/less CM, we think that could have a small effect on her by drying up. So we thought what the heck, we have tried it day of and two days after, lets try it two days before and night of. 

We wanted to try using a speculum, making sure I am coating the cervix, we practice a few nights ago, everything went well. Tonight when I inserted and opened, I pinched the top of DW vaginal lip, causing her to bleed a little. She got up, wiped her self down, and cleaning her self until it stopped bleeding. I felt SO bad, I told her screw the speculum, well just do it the normal way, which felt like it didn't go so smooth at all like it has in the past. I felt so bad and felt like this was a huge hiccup, lucky we have two more tries right? lol. 

Note to self; I am not an OBGYN, just wanted to give everyone a good laugh, good night everyone. :P
Me - 31
DW - 27

TTC since Aug 2014, HSG clear, blood work good, retroverted uterus (no reason to not get a BFP?)
#1 Unmedicated b2b IUI-8/14 =BFN
#2 Unmedicated b2b IUI-9/14 = BFN
#3 Unmedicated b2b IUI-10/14 = BFN
#4 Clomid/HCG trigger/Progesterone IUI-11/14 =BFN
#5 Clomid/Progesterone ICI at home-12/14 = BFN
#6 Unmedicated ICI at home-1/15 = BFN
#7 Medicated ICI at home- 1/30 = BFN
#8 Taking a break..... Maybe IVF if we win the lotto.

Re: #3 ICI @ home #7 TTC (TMI somewhat, mostly funny)

• Options
    Watch this one be the one. :P Fingers crossed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lol, in the back of my head, that is what I am thinking, but not getting my hopes up either. :-B
    Me - 31
    DW - 27

TTC since Aug 2014, HSG clear, blood work good, retroverted uterus (no reason to not get a BFP?)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    LOL - we did at home IVI & ICI's too and the awkward stories we'll be able to tell one day!!  I'm glad you're feeling more confident about the timing.

I also found when we inseminated leading up to O we were successful. Good luck to you!! FX this is your cycle.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, we are really hoping this is our month too :D

One thing I hate when inseminating, when the sperm starts coming back up, even when going really slow, we try to catch it in the soft cup. I worry a little about the soft cup, and we didn't use preseed this time, because DW had a lot of good EWCM.

Tomorrow is the last day, then that dreadful tww ugh
    Me - 31
    DW - 27

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"