February 2015 Moms

2cm dilated and 75 effaced

Hello, I'm 2cm dilated and 75 effaced at least I was 2 days ago when I got checked. My doctor said that he didn't expect to see me next week but to schedule an appointment anyway. He also said that if I didn't have my hospital bags packed they needed to be packed now. I was just wondering does this mean my baby will be here this week? I'm 39 weeks and 2 days and I was also wondering does this mean I've lost my mucus plug??

Re: 2cm dilated and 75 effaced

• Loading the player...
  • Oiy?!? Really?
  • Google is a powerful tool,use it. I'd also think you'd know if you lost your mucus plug. I haven't had the pleasure of having a big gob of snot looking slime come out my hoo-hah but I've seen pictures and have been told it's a good size. So, if you've had what I described fall out your vagina I'd say you've lost it. If that hasn't happened then I would say it's still there.
  • ....For reals? 

• Haha there's no way you can miss your mucus plug coming out , I thought I might of done.. How wrong was I?!! I don't need to go into graphics but you'll know... You won't need a magnifying glass im sure..
  • I'm 37w4d and 2.5 cm dilated, my doc just had my schedule a c-section for 40w2d (baby is breech). There is no way to tell when they will come you could be that way for a few more weeks, or your water could break tomorrow. Babies come when they are ready.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Xoxolicia‌ we are kindred spirits. Lol. And giving the stink eye to a nurse is a total possibility.
  • FWIW, I've never known if I lost my mucous plug. Even in my googling, my discharge has always looked like that.

But OP, I'm sure you'll go into labor in the next 24 hours.
  • Yes! That's exactly what that means! X_X

BabyFruit Ticker

• Maybe the doctor didn't expect to see you next week not because baby will come from you being dilated but from baby coming because you'll be 40 weeks! I worded that the best was I could with only 2 hours of sleep. Quit reading into what your doctor said so much.
  • If your baby does come this week, I'm going with its a coincidence. But that's just my opinion 8->
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"