Late Term and Child Loss

~ Loss Check-In ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week. 

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: Has your experience been that grief comes in waves?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In ~

• I am not sure if this is the right place to leave this but I have to talk. I went in for my 10 week appointment yesterday and the ultrasound showed a perfect little 10 week baby with no heartbeat. They said because the size and everything was perfect for the date that it must have happened within the last day or so. Now it is my choice to wait for natural miscarriage or opt for a D&C which may impact future fertility. It took me over a year to get pregnant (previous loss with ectopic left me with one tube). Any advice from those who have been in my shoes is appreciated.
  • @SarahLM0806‌ - I am so sorry for your loss. This board is geared more towards ladies who have suffered late term or infant loss. I would recommend you intro on the miscarriage board and ask over there, as they can relate more to what you are going through. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

We have started seeing a councilor and Noah's memorial service was this past Saturday. It went beautifully but was an extremely emotionally draining experience.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

I go back to work for the first time next week and I'm really scared about it. I'm afraid that I will lose it at the first sign of a baby carriage or pregnant woman and have no idea how I'm going to deal with it.

Grief is definitely coming in waves I'll have days where I'm mostly fine then out of the blue will just freak out and cry or get really angry mixed in with days where I feel exactly the opposite and will feel awful all day long but have a small burst of it'll be ok.
    Noah Gabriel due:4/21/15 born sleeping 12/22/14

Hoping for a Rainbow in 2016
    I went through Ava's books to separate what we will keep and what we will donate.  It was really difficult but with us planning to move this summer, I know it needed to be done. 

Try to sort through more of Ava's things while my parents are still here.  I don't know if I can do it on my own.

Yes, the weeks right after new years were really difficult.  I can have a few okay days and days when I don't want to get out of bed.

No steps taken. I've been working a lot so that has been taking up most of my time and energy other than the 6 hours of sleep I've been getting.

We have been waiting for our son (Carter) to get cremated and the funeral home should be calling any day for us to pick him up. My goal is to basically get through this emotional time, I'm scared and nervous about how having him home in his urn ( which is beautiful my parents picked out and bought) and how it will affect my healing process, I'm worried it will set me back and put me back into complete depression.

Definatley, everyday is different and unpredictable, there is a lot that triggers me but it's slowly gettih easier
  • Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I'm working on feeling better

What is the next goal you have set for yourself ? To continue losing weight.Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal.

QOTW: Has your experience been that grief comes in waves? Oh yeah one day I will be all like "I feel great!! I'm doing so good" the next day I will be all like "I can't breathe, how am I going to get through the day" this sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"