Chit Chat

PNS or mirrorless - new camera for baby

I have a Sony Cybershot that is about 5 years old and needs replaced before baby arrives in May. I've loved my Cybershot because it takes excellent photos most of the time. I need advice for a new camera.
It will be solely personal use and the majority of the photos will be baby, family, and travel scenery. My current camera does great in gold lighting and outdoors, but is poor indoors with poor lighting and motion/blur.
I've been looking at the Sony alpha a6000 which is an investment at $700 compared to the $250 PNS I bought 5 years ago. I do not know how to shoot manual, so I wonder if there is a new, better PNS I should buy instead of the mirrorless. Any advice?

Re: PNS or mirrorless - new camera for baby

• I always point people to the Nikon1 line- they're great little PNS cameras. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I actually just bought the Sony a6000 yesterday! Haven't got to play with it at home but I was very impressed in the store!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mels823‌ oh please let me know how you like it! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but it is the camera I'm most excited about doing all of my research.
  • @idmw I finally got a chance to play around with it a little bit, and I really like it! It is pretty dummy proof and takes some really great photos.  The clarity of the portraits are awesome! We haven't had a chance to try to the video function yet, but taking good pictures of our constantly moving dogs has proven to be much more successful  than taking the pictures of them using our iPhones!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"