December 2014 Moms
Options

When did your baby start sleeping more at night?

My son is 4 weeks old tomorrow and I am exhausted lol. Right now he wakes up at 12am, 3am and 6am. In 4 more weeks I go back to work and I'm so worried that we are going to continue on this path. Ofcourse if we do I will have to deal but I was hoping of hearing some encouraging stories of babies sleeping more during the night before three months old, also I breast feed so I know that plays into the fact he may not be sleeping as long.

Re: When did your baby start sleeping more at night?

• Options
    Mine is just over 5 weeks old, and she was waking up every 3 hours, like yours, until about a week ago. Then she started going 4-5 hours. Last night, for example, she went to sleep at 10, woke up at 3, and then woke up again at 8. So maybe you're almost there, but this seems to vary a lot from baby to baby. Mine doesn't take a lot of daytime naps, so she seems to concentrate most of her sleep at night.
    DD born December 2014!
  • Options
    I am at almost 5 weeks an. still on every 2 hours.
    My son is 4 weeks old tomorrow and I am exhausted lol. Right now he wakes up at 12am, 3am and 6am. In 4 more weeks I go back to work and I'm so worried that we are going to continue on this path. Ofcourse if we do I will have to deal but I was hoping of hearing some encouraging stories of babies sleeping more during the night before three months old, also I breast feed so I know that plays into the fact he may not be sleeping as long.
    I am at almost 5 weeks an. still on every 2 hours so your doing better than me. I go back to work the 2nd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh gosh I hope it gets better for you!
  • Options
    My son woke every two hours until he was three moths, then it was every four. My daughter has been sleeping through the night since we brought her home. Every baby is different.
  • Options
    5.5 weeks and we are every 2-3 hours, sometimes i get 4 hours.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    7wks and he goes down ver well but we get 3/4 hrs max. If we pick him up in time my LO can go 5hours but that's due to falling asleep on me for an hour more than his own will..dying for a longer stint!
  • Options
    DS is 7 weeks and he goes to bed around 9, then feeds at 1am and 5am. He just started going 4 hours between feeds. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our LO is 7 weeks today. He just had a 6 hr stretch last night -longest so far. The night before it was 5 hrs. I'm hoping this continues! Up until this week he hadn't slept more than 3-4 hrs. It's amazing what changes in a matter of weeks with these babies!
  • Options
    I breastfeed my LO but at night I'll give her a bottle of formula before bedtime and she'll sleep for 6 hours a least. If your not into introducing formula that's fine. You could always try cereal. The idea is to fill their tummies up with something that doesn't digest as fast as breastmilk. Hope you get dome sleep soon!
  • Options
    Agree every baby is different. I know ppl with 15 month olds that aren't good sleepers. Mine started 5 hr stretches at 3-4 weeks. Around 6 weeks started 6 hr stretches and now just past 7 weeks is transitioning into regular 7 hr stretches and probably would go longer but I wake him to feed him bc my boobs are killing me
  • Options
    It is also very common for 6-12 month olds to have some separation anxiety kick in and they will wake up in the middle of the night crying for your attention especially during sickness....even good sleepers succumb to this. So I won't be surprised in June if I'm exhausted when I go back to work.
  • Options
    Agree with above. Pretty much everyone in the medical profession agrees no solids before 4-6 mths and many are pushing towards 6-8 mths bc of what you just said for one. It takes the place of formula or breastmilk and isn't giving them the nutrients they need. It can also cause constipation and painful gas. My baby may sleep long nights but he feeds a lot! during the day and is getting his recommended 8-10 feedings in a day. Plus his weight gain is good as well as dirty/wet diapers.
  • Options
    Maybe you're close to longer stretches. My dude is a little over 6 weeks and a week ago he started only waking twice at night
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    As soon as mine turned 5 weeks old she finally slept better! She falls asleep between 8:30-10 And wakes up at 4 And then wakes up for her day about 8-9. And when she does Wake up in the middle of the nigh I don't turn on the light. I just lay her to my side and let her attach herself to my breast.. She eats and falls right to sleep. I don't even burp her since she doesn't eat much in the middle of the night. I can say I finally am sleeping and feeling rested! Don't worry.. Yours will get there. I felt like a zombie in the begining..
    BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    This is encouraging!! We tried out the crib last night he slept I didn't lol I kept getting up to check on him. So now he's back in the bassinet, hopefully in a few weeks our stretches get longer. I don't really want to supplement formula because my other son had horrible tummy issues with formula.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"