2nd Trimester

troubles eating healthy!!

Are any of you new mommy's having a hard time eating healthy? I mean turning your nose up to fruits veggies and water?! I just can't aquire a taste for anything!:(

Re: troubles eating healthy!!

• for veggies - try dipping with hummus or other dips for flavor

for fruits - pick sweeter fruits to accommodate a sweet tooth

water - add raspberries, lemon, lime or other fruit to add flavor.

I agree with this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to pair them with things you already love. Add veggies to your sandwich or add chicken or tuna to a salad.

Fruit you can also add to yogurt

Water I agree adding fruit to flavor it, or drink tea.

• I am so with you on this.......... I loved l things healthy and it's a cruel joke that now that I'm pregnant I have aversions to allllll things healthy!!! :x
  • Keep trying/buying healthy things. I have been off veggies too lately (former salad addict, so cruel), and putting a bunch of fresh green beans in a bowl had a similar effect of feeling like I was snacking on chips. I also found a small plastic jug at a supermarket that measures out exactly to 8 glasses of water, and that has helped me tremendously. I honestly hate water, but it sort of turns it into a daily challenge. 
  • I couldn't eat healthy at all. During my first trimester I thought I was going to throw up every time I tried vegetables, raw ones especially. I loved salads too, but just looking at one rolled my stomach. I could tolerate cooked veggies in small doses with meals. All I wanted to eat was pretty much anything carbs and cheese. Mac and cheese has been a staple. I felt a little bad since the doctors emphasized a healthy diet. But (as a friend of mine told me) at this stage just try and keep things down. Best of luck. 
  • I love fruits....period. For veggies, its been hard so I've been eating veggie wraps or adding them to smoothies. Water is super difficult.), I have to add lemon or propel packets (which are safe because they pack wicked viatmins), water makes my stomach turn sometimes so adding those have really helped. Good Luck, I know its hard but for the best! :smiley:
  • Oh! Also vitamin water, that helps me SO much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"