Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Triploidy

hi everyone, I have been away a few weeks since getting a call about our testing right before Christmas.
My doctor said the testing showed that our baby had triploidy, meaning that every chromosome was 3 instead of two. She wouldn't have survived and almost every time their is a miscarriage in the first trimester- although we don't know why I didn't experience that.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Re: Triploidy

• Options
    I am sorry I have no experience with that but I am glad they found a reason. 

You may want to do an introduction over at Trying to Conceive after a loss and ask the ladies there. The board is a bit more active and someone may have experienced it. 

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I second Nikolie93, you might want to post on the TTCAL board, there are a lot of ladies there who are very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. 

2 MC 2014/2015
    Baby #1 born 2/27/2016
    Baby #2 born 3/25/2018
    BFP 06/03/2020, EDD 02/10/2021

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm not ready to head over to trying to conceive yet, I just don't want any triggers that make this harder. But I appreciate the comments!
  • Options
    Hi @CMDD, I don't know about triploidy, but I'll tell you that we were told our baby had a 1 in 12,000 risk for the exact trisomy (3 copies of a single chromosome) that he ended up having. The only reason we found out about the trisomy at all (perhaps like you) is because of the visible birth defect in the ultrasound, which ultimately led to genetic testing. 

I struggled with the shock of that news a lot - why couldn't they tell at the screening? What if we have another baby and they can't tell, and he suffers longer before we lose him? These questions are unanswerable and hard. I hope you're coming to some peace with the decision that we both had to make. One of the life lessons of this experience for me has been to realize how out of my control so many of the things in my life really are, including the blessings that I have to be so grateful for. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    I have no experience but just wanted to say Im so sorry for you loss
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    DS born 12/29/12 @ 41+1 
    TTC#2 07/2014
    BFP 10/14/14 MC 11/14/14 D&C for RT 11/18/2014 
    Given all clear 12/15/2014 - back to TTC

• Options
    I have not, but I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Did you have a molar pregnancy? Triploidy is sometimes associated w/ molar. Did you see a fetal pole? HB? 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Options
    No not a molar pregnancy. We had a 12 week baby when we found out and were told she wouldn't make it through labor. Her brain was half formed and the other half was just liquid.
    Saw a heartbeat and arms and legs moving all around. We had the d&c at 13 weeks and it was a very tough choice.
  • Options
    @mrsD520 thanks for checking in with me. i'm feeling okay. still sad and confused and i just started my second period since the loss so that's tough. but i've been practicing more yoga and working out and somehow feeling physically stronger helps me feel more emotionally strong. i've been taking good care of myself too. hope you are doing the same!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"