Infertility

IVF #1, long stim, high estrogen............now have rough decidion to make

hello ladies, hope everyone is on tract with their cycles and protocols just wondering if anyone has been in my boat!!! this is my fiance and i, IVF #1 cycle. we were set up to take follistim (150) and menopur (150) for 10 days. at day 10 of stim, my RE wasnt happy with the quality and quantity of follicles. so she continued me on the same meds. upon ultrasoubd on day 14, doc noticed that my estrogen was about 3000 and my uterine lining looked 'foggy", meaning my body had started to self produce the progesterone and it in turn affected my lining. she then shocked me with a decision that we needed to make...... she said that there had been recent studies to show lower pregnancy success rate with such high estrogen and the foggy uterine lining. she she asked if maybe we wanted to freeze the eggs that are retrived and transfer them in 8 long weeks!!!!! we did the ER today and got 10 eggs, we now have 3 days to decide if we want to go ahead with a fresh cycle or just hold off for a better opportunity with a frozen cycle. of course im an emotional mess about the idea of having to wait another 8 weeks........ i cant find any literature about this circumstance. has this happened to anyone else or have any of you ladies heard of this?
me:33 Fiance: 34
Diagnosis: DOR
TTC since June 2013
IUI #1---BFN
IUI #2--- BFN
IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015

Re: IVF #1, long stim, high estrogen............now have rough decidion to make

• I'm sorry, that sucks. If it was me, I guess I would wait till my uterus was in the optimal condition. If it's any comfort FET have a higher success rate of implantation. Good luck to you!
  • Long, but happy, story
    Very low stims still got me into a position where they couldn't even count the # of follicles on an ultrasound (and we were at Northwestern, so super amazing Drs!).  I was given 2 options...cancel the cycle or retrieve, wait for E2 to regulate, and transfer in about 6 weeks.  Since I did not want to simply let all these great eggs go, I decided to continue with the later.  We attempted to control my estrogen, but it continued to shoot up from 5,900 to 6,200 the day before retrieval.  We retrieved 37..all mature, 27 fertilized, and we froze them.  FET#1 beta 0.  FET#2 beta 291...in the end, we got GRACE and had a vanishing twin that already looked funny at 6 wks, but took until 11 wks to dissolve completely.  We started the process again 5 months later with the frozen, and had 2 unsuccessful FETs, then decided to try a fresh cycle.  We had never actually transferred fresh.  E2 was only in the high 2Ks since we halved the meds again.  27 retrieved, 25 mature, 17 fertilized.  We did a day 5 transfer of 2 blasts which ended ectopic.  Next (4th attempt), we did an FET with 3 5 day blasts.  They.all.worked.  1 even split, but thankfully, that did not work in the end.  When the triplets were born, our DD was only 16 mos.  It is awesome!  Only FETs here.  We plan to do one more FET in about 2 years.  Good luck to you!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Loading the player...
  • If the environment in your uterus is not optimal, I would not transfer any embryos. They will be fine frozen. I would ask myself - would you I rather waste embryos and have to do another IVF cycle all together, or would I rather hopefully get pregnant 8 weeks later... I would pick the later.
  • I had to freeze all in November because my lining wasn't thick enough (my clinic has high cut off for lining thickness, I think 8mm at trigger for fresh cycle and 9mm at start of progesterone for FET).  We ended up with 2 blasts to freeze.  We attempted a FET this month but had to cancel it as well because of lining issues (I just barely made the cut off, but my lining started to break down prematurely).  As much as it sucks to have to wait to transfer, I would not want to waste our last two genetic embryos.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"