LGBT Parenting

Surrogacy Adoption - How did the process work for you?

My husband and I are 15weeks and 1 day pregnancy thanks to our wonderful and self-less surrogate! All three of us chose not to go through a surrogacy agency for a verity of reasons. We've done some research into surrogacy adoption, but wanted to get some real world advice. We chose traditional surrogacy using my husband’s sperm and our surrogate's egg. We live in PA. Ideally, we would like my husband and my name on the birth certificate. Anyone else go down this rout? Advice? Knowledge about the process?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Surrogacy Adoption - How did the process work for you?

• There is an adoption board where this question would probably be more appropriate and be able to be answered.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• healz413 said:

Also the Third-Party Reproduction board would be a good fit.

Good luck!

ETA: Of course you're welcome to post this question on this board. It's just not many of us have gone the surrogacy route. The Third Party Reproduction board, though, has lots of folks who have used surrogacy!
    Yes, this. Sorry for my short and abrupt response. Congratulations on such an exciting step!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• KH826 said:

Welcome! First of all, congratulations! As PP have said, I don't think we have any active members who have gone the surrogacy route, so hopefully you will be able to find some answers specific to that situation on the 3rd party repro board.

Where is PA are you, if you don't mind my asking. I am in Philly, and I can recommend a really great attorney if you don't have one already. There are also come great local resources such as PFP, if you are near Philadelphia or surrounding suburbs.

I hope you stick around with us here on the board. We would love to have you! :)

Not too far! We live in the Harrisburg area. So close, but probably not quite close enough unfortunately. But thank you for the info! I'll be sticking around ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"