December 2014 Moms
Options

Vaginal or C-Section birth?

Cadg0986Cadg0986 member
edited January 2015 in December 2014 Moms
Just doing a poll to see how everyone gave birth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
(TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

Vaginal or C-Section birth? 133 votes

Vaginal
69% 93 votes
C-Section
28% 38 votes
Magical stork
1% 2 votes

Re: Vaginal or C-Section birth?

• Options
    DS was breech, so I knew a c-section was coming. Everyone always asks moms which is worse, a vaginal delivery or a c-section. I have come to the conclusion that a c-section delivery (planned) is easier than a vaginal one, but the recovery is worse, and vice versa.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My planned c section was amazing and the recovery was significantly easier and faster than my vaginal delivery.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nmcalhoun said:

Vaginal, but a magical stork would have been nice.  I'll opt for that next time.

Hahaha! Me too! That's why I put it on there!

(TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options

My C section was unplanned and took me awhile to get over the disappointment of not being able to deliver the "normal" way after a 20hr labour. I feel a lot better about it now, DD and I are healthy and happy so that's all that matters.

You're not alone! I went into the hospital at 11am that Monday to be induced and was in labor until Wednesday at 6pm when finally they realized my body was not going to dilate enough to push this baby out, therefore I ended up with an emergency c section as well. I was quite upset about it also. But after 2 and a half days--1 of which I was on Pitocin ALL day, yeah, I came to terms with a c section. But at least our babies are healthy!!!

imageimage

• Options
    MW allowed me to select magic stork since our LO came out so quickly after a relatively easy labor.  It only took two active pushes for LO to come out.

• Options
    After 2 C Sections, I had a VBAC this time and the recovery was SO much easier. That isn't to say a vaginal birth was easy. There was still a recovery time that I didn't expect. Not to mention, I never had issues with my bladder until now. Still, if given the choice again, I would definitely choose a vaginal birth.
  • Options
    I had a unplanned csection with my first due to not dialating. And was able to vbac this time around, for me the recovery was much easier, don't plan on anymore kids but if I were to choose I'd probably take the stork because either option is not a walk in the park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"