November 2014 Moms
Options

how to build up my suuply

please can any one help me

my doughter is 11 weeks today ,
i was breast feeding from my my breast until 8 weeks
but she was hungry and crying all the time , i tried to add supplement and she was ok
plus
i had hard time when i feed her from my breast especially at evining
so i start pump and give her instead if supplement only when she fussy in the evening

i think i have low supply at evining and one of my breasts is small nipple so she doesnt want it

i feed her from my breast all time except in the evening i pump and give her , i wake to pump at night also ,

so i replace 3 feeding with 3 pumping/day and get 2-3 oz per pump only
she eats 5 oz per time , so i have to give her formula

but now i am trying to build up supply , how can i do that ,

i am takeing fenugreek and drinking lots of water

i hope she take my breast which has small nipple , i hope she feed directly from my breast all time
why she is fussy sometimes ?
also i notice she is sucking only for view minuits the stop , why ?

Re: how to build up my suuply

• Options
    for ex today from 7 pm to 11 pm i am trying to nurse her but she keep crying so i give her my milk in bittle
    ok what can i do when she refuse my breast and keep crying
  • Options
    lamar2014lamar2014 member
    edited January 2015
    what u mean i am killing my supply ?
    i think pumping increase milk supply
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never really comment anymore so I hope it's ok I do on this thread. I believe what she meant by you're killing your supply is you never want to supplement when you're breastfeeding unless your baby is underweight, or not having enough pee/poop diapers each day.

If you give a bottle of pumped milk it's fine, but make sure you pump at least 10-15 minutes after the bottle is given to keep up your supply.

It's common for babies to cluster feed at night which might be why your baby is fussy at the breast at night only, your body needs time to learn it needs to make more at night and when you supplement you're basically telling your body that the amount it makes is plenty when in reality it needs to make more.

Anyways sorry this is a book. Good luck or give your lc a call.
  • Options
    yes , she drinks at night more and does sleep for long without feeding

i was giving bottle with supplement now with my milk
  • Options
    ahha i understand now , so i have to try keep breastfeeding as i can

ok , if after we finish feeding she still hungry and doesnt want to nurse more as breast is harder can i guve her my milk in bottle or not ?

i will try when she refuse breast to calm her and try again ,
    i am using avent newborn nipples 0 , no thing come frome it when i hold bottle upside down

i will try to make bottle harder ,

ok , now how cab i use pumping to increase supply with nursing , it seems i dont understand it , i think what i am doing is going to increase it !!

ohh last night she took 7 oz between 8-11 pm , and she did sleep until 8 am . but i pumped at 10 pm, 1 am and 6 am . i think this will increase my supply ?

i dont know how much she does take per feeding through a day ,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"