Breastfeeding
Options

Bowel Movements- XP

I have soley breastfed my baby for the last 2 months. Every day he has numerous poops a day. He now had not had a single bowel movement in 48 hours. Ideas? Is this normal at this point, or should I be concerned?
===siggy warning====
Me: 40, DH: 42
Diagnosis: PCOS
TTC: May 2013
TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
Due Date November 27, 2014
TEAM BLUE

Re: Bowel Movements- XP

• Options
    I wouldn't be to worried but I would call pedi in the AM to see what they recommend.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi told me that it's normal for breastfeed babies to go longer without a bowel movement as it's easier to digest. She said the longest they have seen a bf baby going with out a bowel movement was 1 week.
    Still double check with you pedi to know when it's a concern but that should be okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to my LO at that age. He then transitioned to pooping once, occasionally twice, a day instead of after every meal. Check with your pediatrician but it's probably fine.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    Babies are very efficient at digesting breastmilk. My daughter went 11 days once at 3 months without a bowel movement. At that point my pedi had me give her a glycerin supository but she still only averaged 1 bowel movement a week till 6 months when I started solids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"