Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone nervous about doing the deed again after D&C?

I'm just curious because I am. The doctor said to wait 2 weeks after the surgery to start having sex again and I have a few days left but I'm weirdly nervous about it because it's like I'm afraid it'll hurt for some reason or be tender or something. I know it's weird but anyone else have these feelings? Am I the only one? lol

Re: Anyone nervous about doing the deed again after D&C?

• I think it's totally normal to be nervous. FWIW I didn't experience any pain or tenderness. It's weird, but also nice to get some normalness back. But if you need more time, that's ok, too.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• I don't think it's weird at all. Although I didn't have D&C's with mine, I felt the same way.

As a side note, I was also emotional as hell afterwards and I cried. They may be weird lol
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • I was told to wait 6 weeks after mine. I wonder why the difference??

Anyway....I'm kinda glad for the long wait because I am also scared, lol. You are not alone!
  • Definitely not alone!  I was thinking about that yesterday.  
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I was told 3 weeks.  I imagine the first time we'll be taking it a little slow to make sure there's no issues.  
  • I have 5 days left and I'm a little nervous. We were on pelvic rest for almost 6 wks before my miscarriage, now the 2wk wait after d&c. I have this feeling I'm going to be fragile emotionally and physically, but I'm probably being a little silly.
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes I am definitely scared!. I haven't told my bf, maybe I should. I had so much bleeding during my pregnancy and after the miscarriage/ D&C that it's already been months. I'm not in any rush at the moment.
  • I recently had a miscarriage/d&c and I was told to wait two weeks as well. Also I've heard that it's ideal to wait until you have your next period before ttc again. When I saw my doctor (yesterday which was 16 days after the d&c) she said that medically we were fine to start trying again as long as we were mentally okay. She didn't mention anything about waiting for a period either! So we did the deed last night and I was nervous at first but nothing hurt, not even the initial entry, and it was just like it was before! =) The main thing is to be mentally prepared before you do it again and the physical part will fall into place!
  • I'm not scared....just wondering has anyone stop completely bleeding yet? I have 4 more days and hope the bleeding will be gone so I can do the deed.
  • I am very afraid! But my MC was just on friday so I am still in pain and bleeding and emotionally just a wreck. I am craving the comfort it will bring but I guess I just cant imagine anything even coming close to my lady parts right now. Praying that part will pass soon and this emotional roller coaster will slow itself down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"