February 2015 Moms

Sunday Spam

Re: Sunday Spam

• My church is throwing us a baby "reception" today. I am excited since we haven't had a shower yet. Then we have to get back to the house by 3 because our washing machine went out and we are having a new one delivered.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • New fridge being delivered today :-)
    Since this is my 3rd we have all the baby stuff we needed from the other 2 so I did my nesting in the living room and kitchen. Living room furniture for Christmas and appliances in the kitchen. :-)
  • @dreemkin84‌ I feel ya on the no sleep! I was up from about 3:30 till 5ish this morning. Up at 8 while my husband slept till 10. Jealous.

We are spending the day prepping for the northeast snowstorm that's headed our way. We're projected to get anywhere from 10 inches of snow to potentially 2 feet! I'm happy I'll be getting some snow days that I won't need to make up in June (I'm a teacher) during my last 2 weeks of work, but just hoping baby doesn't decide to make an early appearance while we're snowed in!
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Sleep is crazy at this point. Was exhausted so slept from 7-10 then up from 10-3. Now sitting here thinking how tired I am. Just glad to hear I'm not the only one.
  • I'm in the same no-sleep boat as you all! I just have such horrible hip/pelvic pain that sleep is kind of impossible at this point. And my doc moved my EDD later at my last appt which was disheartening. It's only by 4 days, so I mean I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I'm just ready to meet my baby girl and have my body back lol.
  • Aww man. I worked at a daycare where one of the kids was an absolute nightmare. I mean, I've had panic attacks that my baby will turn out that way. I just got a text from a friend who attends the same church as the family saying his son is getting picked on by the kid: his son doesn't want to go to church anymore. So sad!! I wish I had more advice for dealing with him, because as a daycare provider it was just breathe, get through the day, cry during naptime if necessary, and get some chocolate cake after work.
    With that kid, if I wasn't LDS it'd be a few (dozen) beers after work instead. Yikes.
  • lelly0086lelly0086 member
    edited January 2015
    Hi all, put me in the no sleep catagory for last night. LO still has his days and nights mixed up so he's up every 2 hours during the night and it's exhausting. Can't wait for all of you to have your babies, I feel like an outsider on this board now since I'm no longer pregnant lol
  • maasybaby said:

@Ace226‌ that kids sounds like a little shit! Sorry, I have no nicer way to put that... I used to work in daycare so I remember the naprime cry very...very...well. Your kid won't turn out like that, a lot of it is under your control!

No need to apologize! It's so true.
    I'd always heard the kids of DC providers were the worst, that was definitely the case there. It's one reason I'd now NEVER consider running an at-home daycare.
  • HayleyBug55HayleyBug55 member
    edited January 2015
    Have any of y'all seen Outrageous Births:Tales from the Crib or I'd Kill for a Baby? If you have it's too late to save yourself. :( If you haven't seen them DO NOT watch them. If I was scared about birth before I'm terrified now. Even though most scenarios in the show Outrageous Births are rare I now have the irrational fear of giving birth when a tornado hits the hospital or giving birth in the car, pulling over to get on the curb and push, and have the cops draw guns on my SO thinking he's hurting me. :-S

Edit: I'd Kill for a Baby will have you avoiding going out in public for months.
  • Have any of y'all seen Outrageous Births:Tales from the Crib or I'd Kill for a Baby? If you have it's too late to save yourself. :( If you haven't seen them DO NOT watch them. If I was scared about birth before I'm terrified now. Even though most scenarios in the show Outrageous Births are rare I now have the irrational fear of giving birth when a tornado hits the hospital or giving birth in the car, pulling over to get on the curb and push, and have the cops draw guns on my SO thinking he's hurting me. :-S

Edit: I'd Kill for a Baby will have you avoiding going out in public for months.

YES. I watched those years ago and they've come back to haunt me.
  • Ace226 said:

Have any of y'all seen Outrageous Births:Tales from the Crib or I'd Kill for a Baby? If you have it's too late to save yourself. :( If you haven't seen them DO NOT watch them. If I was scared about birth before I'm terrified now. Even though most scenarios in the show Outrageous Births are rare I now have the irrational fear of giving birth when a tornado hits the hospital or giving birth in the car, pulling over to get on the curb and push, and have the cops draw guns on my SO thinking he's hurting me. :-S

YES. I watched those years ago and they've come back to haunt me.
    I just discovered them and wish I hadn't.
  • My house is a cesspool right now. SS1 and DH started feeling gross on Friday, SS2 was fine. Yesterday around 3pm SS1 started vomiting every 15 min or so. SS2 let loose around 8pm and DH followed about 20 min later. Awesome  :-S

So far I've been fine which is good. But I'm not banking on it lasting very long and cancelled my plans today. I'm seriously considering just telling work that I'm going to start my maternity leave now in case I'm harboring something. And I'll have everyone here to help take care of since I've quarantined the house for the next few days.

Ugh.....why now? If this lasts for days and I go into labor then what? There is no way they are going up to the birth center being so sick, my family is 3k miles away and DH's family is also sick. Guess I'm doing this on my own then. Ugh. I need wine.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haven't been on spam much this weekend it's been pretty crazy busy! We got our maternity pics done yesterday and that was really fun. We also discovered black mold growing in our windows which our landlord tried to cover with paint and curtains. Needless to say that added a ton of stress and we are headed to the housing office first thing tmrw morning to deal with it. I definitely don't wanna be bringing home a baby to a dangerous home. Now I'm just laying in bed wishing I had grabbed 5 Oreos instead of 4. Has anyone else been super hungry towards the last couple weeks?! I think it's because he's dropped down so now I have more room in my stomach haha.
  • Xoxolicia said:

Anyone else's hormones way out of control today? I'm for real sitting here crying because I can't tell people how stupid they are (on TB and in real life). I seriously can't even. I am learning I have a lot of self-control, but I really don't want to use it.

Maybe I just need a nap.

My hormones have been whack lately too. I find that pampering myself helps a ton. And chocolate, lots of chocolate haha.
  • @tlglass91‌ my appetite has been pretty normal my entire pregnancy but this last week I cant stop eating!!!
  • amack22 said:

@tlglass91‌ my appetite has been pretty normal my entire pregnancy but this last week I cant stop eating!!!

Same here!! My appetite was pretty normal during the whole pregnancy also. My husband walked in on me in the kitchen two days ago scarfing down some chips. I was so hungry I forgot to get a drink and I grabbed a wine glass off the dish drainer and filled it with tap water and chugged it. All the while DH was staring at me with this confused look on his face. I was so ashamed haha
  • Xoxolicia said:

tlglass91 said:

Xoxolicia said:

Anyone else's hormones way out of control today? I'm for real sitting here crying because I can't tell people how stupid they are (on TB and in real life). I seriously can't even. I am learning I have a lot of self-control, but I really don't want to use it.

Maybe I just need a nap.

My hormones have been whack lately too. I find that pampering myself helps a ton. And chocolate, lots of chocolate haha.
    I drank a Dr. Pepper and feel a little better. I kicked DH and the dog out of the house so I could be alone for a little bit. I think someone will be making a chocolate run for his wife while he's out! Good call. Thaaaanks! :-)
    Mmmm dr pepper hahaha

• I also feel the need to join all the other ________<--- insert rude word there so I don't get banned women in posting a stupid thread.
    But instead I will post it somewhere that regulars will read it and hopefully not get offended.

As we all know... It's that time in pregnancy where every strange feeling we get the thought crosses our minds "is this it? Is it labor?" Well today has been that day for me. I'm not even a FTM but since this will be my first spontaneous labor(hopefully) I have no idea what contractions truly feel like I'm there own. All day I will start getting a period like cramp. I will look at the clock to get a contraction counter going: after about 2 or 3 spaced about 7ish minutes apart I have to pee. And then... Well you know the rest... Poop! Seriously! I feel so silly that I can't tell the difference between a contraction and having to poop. It almost makes me laugh.

Rant over. Hopefully this makes sense. Bc sentences are hard today for some reason </p>

I have the same problem. I hate questioning everything. Yesterday I started getting bad period cramps and they would come and go but also linger after the really bad part. I started timing them and the worst pain would hit every 2 minutes, that's when I was like there's no way I could go from feeling nothing to contractions 2 min apart. Lol so I chalked it up to Braxton hicks and after a couple hours it stopped. I just hate not knowing. I felt pretty silly yesterday too.

• @tlglass91‌ I'm glad I'm not the only one. It makes me feel so silly. I'm dilated to 4cm but have been that way for a week and a half now. I am just so nervous I'm going to be one of those women who don't KNOW they are in labor. Bc I have been having so many Braxton hicks.
  • @cndupree15‌ Heard that! I've had insane Braxton Hicks since 20 weeks. Some days the contractions are 2 minutes apart for 4-5 hours, yet somehow I'm not dilated whatsoever yet! I feel like I won't know he's coming until he's in my arms - no matter how silly that thought is.
    Anniversary  BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tlglass91‌ I'm glad I'm not the only one. It makes me feel so silly. I'm dilated to 4cm but have been that way for a week and a half now. I am just so nervous I'm going to be one of those women who don't KNOW they are in labor. Bc I have been having so many Braxton hicks.

Same here!! And I have no idea if I'm dilated or not because my OB didn't mention it and she rolls her eyes when I ask questions.
    But I'm Curious to know if I am after all the BH contractions I've been having. Maybe this is prodromal labor like that article said. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because it could mean that active labor will go smoothly!
  • @tlglass91‌ my midwife would get punched in the face for rolling her eyes at me regardless of the reason. I'm lucky and mine is super awesome. Plus she is very involved in my pregnancy. She asks me if I want to be checked. She told me that my labor would be easier this time than last. Which would be awesome bc the first was super easy. But I've never had Braxton hicks before. She says that they are doing their job though. Preparing my body for the real thjbg.
  • @tlglass91‌ my midwife would get punched in the face for rolling her eyes at me regardless of the reason. I'm lucky and mine is super awesome. Plus she is very involved in my pregnancy. She asks me if I want to be checked. She told me that my labor would be easier this time than last. Which would be awesome bc the first was super easy. But I've never had Braxton hicks before. She says that they are doing their job though. Preparing my body for the real thjbg.

That's awesome I wish I had a midwife or doctor like that. I didn't even realize I was having Braxton hicks until I was having them all the time, I used to think it was the baby just pushing up against me. Once I started getting the period cramp with the tightening I realized they must be Braxton hicks
  • @KristinMTBell‌ thanks for the advice! That's crazy she remembered the dates that far back. It just goes to show how preoccupied and anxious we all are in the weeks leading up to labor!

• As we all know... It's that time in pregnancy where every strange feeling we get the thought crosses our minds "is this it? Is it labor?" Well today has been that day for me. I'm not even a FTM but since this will be my first spontaneous labor(hopefully) I have no idea what contractions truly feel like I'm there own. All day I will start getting a period like cramp. I will look at the clock to get a contraction counter going: after about 2 or 3 spaced about 7ish minutes apart I have to pee. And then... Well you know the rest... Poop! Seriously! I feel so silly that I can't tell the difference between a contraction and having to poop. It almost makes me laugh.

Rant over. Hopefully this makes sense. Bc sentences are hard today for some reason

I hear ya. I have IBS-D so I am used to painful cramps that come and go... Some have me keeled over in the bathroom. I'm wondering if I will think contractions are the diarrhea pains instead.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @ambz06060‌ that's how I feel. Are they cramps or contractions... Oh the mysteries of pregnancy
  • @Xoxolicia‌ :( no Bueno. I know it's preparing my body but I'm ready to get this show on the road
  • @Xoxolicia‌ that is crazy. I tell her father that alllll the time. That her first act of defiance will be to stay in 3 weeks after her due date
  • Definitely in the same boat as all you ladies. I'm pretty positive when I'm having Braxton hicks contractions. But the past couple days I will get painful ones and I just don't know what it is. All I know is I'm ready ha ha.
  • Made it to almost 37 weeks without my belly button popping out. I thought I was going to avoid it, but it's looking like I only have a day or two left before it officially pops. I know this is the minor-est of concerns, but I'm bummed about it. Will it go back to normal eventually? I hope so.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Ace226 said:

Aww man. I worked at a daycare where one of the kids was an absolute nightmare. I mean, I've had panic attacks that my baby will turn out that way. I just got a text from a friend who attends the same church as the family saying his son is getting picked on by the kid: his son doesn't want to go to church anymore. So sad!! I wish I had more advice for dealing with him, because as a daycare provider it was just breathe, get through the day, cry during naptime if necessary, and get some chocolate cake after work.
    With that kid, if I wasn't LDS it'd be a few (dozen) beers after work instead. Yikes.

I'm LDS too and work in the primary right now. I know what you mean a little since it's kind of like "church daycare". Kids go through phases though too. Sometimes they are just awful for a while and then grow up to be much better people. (At least that's how a few of my brothers were lol). I have the same worries about my little one though!

Today I found out that my husband and I are going to be stationed in Yokota Japan sometime in the summer. I kind of broke down a little at first. He's been gone my whole pregnancy and won't be able to come home for the baby's birth... And now because they are stationing is overseas, he won't be able to even be with his child (and me) for the first 6-9 months of his life! I know these things happen with the military and I'm grateful for the things I do have. It just would have been so much easier (and faster) if he had gotten orders state-side. But that's the way things go! Now my baby boy will have a passport before he's 2 months old! Crazy! And I can't wait for that 15+ hour plane ride... Lol! Life is just crazy today! I would love it if he came tonight- 38 weeks 5 days... I'm ready!!!!
  • Grapes13 said:

Ace226 said:

Aww man. I worked at a daycare where one of the kids was an absolute nightmare. I mean, I've had panic attacks that my baby will turn out that way. I just got a text from a friend who attends the same church as the family saying his son is getting picked on by the kid: his son doesn't want to go to church anymore. So sad!! I wish I had more advice for dealing with him, because as a daycare provider it was just breathe, get through the day, cry during naptime if necessary, and get some chocolate cake after work.

I'm LDS too and work in the primary right now. I know what you mean a little since it's kind of like "church daycare". Kids go through phases though too. Sometimes they are just awful for a while and then grow up to be much better people. (At least that's how a few of my brothers were lol). I have the same worries about my little one though!

Today I found out that my husband and I are going to be stationed in Yokota Japan sometime in the summer. I kind of broke down a little at first. He's been gone my whole pregnancy and won't be able to come home for the baby's birth... And now because they are stationing is overseas, he won't be able to even be with his child (and me) for the first 6-9 months of his life! I know these things happen with the military and I'm grateful for the things I do have. It just would have been so much easier (and faster) if he had gotten orders state-side. But that's the way things go! Now my baby boy will have a passport before he's 2 months old! Crazy! And I can't wait for that 15+ hour plane ride... Lol! Life is just crazy today! I would love it if he came tonight- 38 weeks 5 days... I'm ready!!!!
    Sorry you're getting put overseas. I totally understand how much it sucks. I will say though that I have friends in Japan and the good news is it looks sunny and bright! Just try to stay organized from the get go when moving overseas and EXPECT that things will go wrong because I guarantee you something will. Embrace the craziness and spend as much time with stateside family as you can :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"