January 2015 Moms

Sunday randoms

You know the drill. Do your thang.

Re: Sunday randoms

• Oh the 12-24 hour cluster feeds, that's what's keeping me up.
    Liam has jaundice. I hope he doesn't have to stay, I'm ready to be home. We'll find out in the morning.

• Apparently neither kid wanted to go to bed tonight. The girl was up until 1, just watching YouTube videos about how to draw My Little Ponies. The boy decided 2 was a good bedtime and he should wake up at 4.

I'm too exhausted tonight. He needs to eat fast or he's sleeping on the boob for the rest of the night.

• Loading the player...
  • My oldest was sick Friday and still had an elevated temperature yesterday. My middle one came down with it yesterday. Nothing like being cooped up in the house with all of these germs! I'm going to have to strip sheets and sanitize everything today.

@LaBellaVida‌ Hopefully his jaundice levels are down low enough that you get to go home today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had our first cluster feed last night. It was not fun.

DH has been awesome with helping change diapers in the middle of the night, I'm scared about what I will do once he's back at work.
  • I'm 5 days out from a c-section and am super nervous about going to church today. I can still barely move around and have been living in yoga pants. I know that no one is forcing me to go but they want to bless Violet in front of the congregation today. I worked for the church in children's ministry so I've had a TON of wonderful people take a huge interest in my first pregnancy/child. I'm really excited for them to meet her. My DH, parents and MIL are so excited to go and I don't want to take that away from them either... But I can't help stressing. I hope it's not a disaster and I don't push myself too hard. I'm wasting valuable beauty sleep on this :(
  • @MusicFanatic‌, I cried the first night ds1 slept in his crib. It's not easy but it does get easier
  • @MusicFanatic‌, I cried the first night ds1 slept in his crib. It's not easy but it does get easier
    @4littlebears- I'm glad I'm not alone. I'll probably cry, too. And H says.. "You do know she'll be a few feet over in the room right next to us, right?" meh. He doesn't get it. 
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • 4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited January 2015

@MusicFanatic‌, I cried the first night ds1 slept in his crib. It's not easy but it does get easier

@4littlebears- I'm glad I'm not alone. I'll probably cry, too. And H says.. "You do know she'll be a few feet over in the room right next to us, right?" meh. He doesn't get it. 

~~quote fail~~
    No, they don't! I think my dh said something similar lol
  • @MusicFanatic‌ I totally feel your pain- if it makes you feel any better in like a year she will start trying to sneak into your room to sleep with you ;)

@maebb I made myself a small dirty martini last night and it was awesome! I haven't been able to drink a full glass of wine because it's still too acidic but I will continue to try all the wine until I find one that isn't :) and that's awesome about the gas lol

• I've gotten 4 hours of sleep since L has been born. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. I really should have taken advantage of him sleeping the first 18 hours of being born, but I couldn't. ..I just wanted to hold him and look at him.
    He won't be put down to sleep now. He will only sleep in my arms, and I can't get comfortable in this bed. Plus I'm still in pain so it hurts to even move.

I'm so swollen. My shoes don't even fit my feet. When I walk I can feel my feet jiggling.

• @Maebb‌ and @ACH831‌ Victory catered our wedding! Their chef and manager were awesome. If you haven't you should check out their restaurant!

• @soon2bejp, I live in GA, and it looks like all the restaurants are in PA. :( Random - I lived in Landenberg, PA for 3 years when I was a kid. A wedding catered by Victory sounds awesome. My parents and ILs are Southern Baptist, so we had a dry wedding.

@Skylerpete‌, DH gives me nursing advice too, and I know he's just trying to be helpful and involved, but it gets on my nerves. I've told him, "No boobs, no opinion." It just makes me feel inadequate or like he doesn't trust me or doesn't think I'm trying hard enough. I'd rather just leave that topic to me, the baby, and the LC.
  • My right boob hurts. I think I have a clogged duct, hope DD gets it out at the next feed. 
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • LO has finally been sleeping in her PnP and bassinet! We have to wait until she is in a deep sleep first, then put her in (which I know isn't great), but it's better than her only sleeping in our arms/cosleeping! Not going to lie though, I love holding my sleeping baby, but we may have over done it.

Cosleeping was really freaking me out cause after a few sleep deprived days I was sleeping really heavy with her next to me. Next step is to get her down for naps while still awake.
  • I got most of the Christmas stuff taken down finally!!
    I know it's almost February but with moving and bringing home a little one my 2.5 son couldn't deal with much more change.
    He at least helped me take down the Christmas ornaments!!
  • I feel terrible, and sad....
    I've been having bad cramping all throughout the night... even now.... I was trying sleep through it but kept waking up to pee...

My man is trying to be helpful and he has been checking on me.... However, he thinks I'll not know when I'm having a real contraction and give birth at home....

I'm trying not to stress... I just haven't had a period cramp in a year... has it really been that long??? Omg....
  • All the effort of third trimester sexy time got me was 90 minutes of every 8-10 min contractions that have disappeared completely.... I'm opting for a pedicure today.
  • @Beckydewell‌ lovetit for the contractions not the roid ;)
  • My H made me lactation cookies, I tried one. They are very gross. Does anyone have a recipe for a tasty lactation cookie? 

• @LaBellaVida‌ lovetit you get to go home and jaundice is under control! Sorry your mom is having attitude issues... Are you typically close? I can't imagine any of my moms acting like that. I know you're going through a lot right now but maybe mention to her how you feel? It may take some stress off and give her a chance to make it up to you.

Random: Early labor signs going nowhere is super annoying. And now I'm worried things will progress super quickly so that I'll have a bathtub birth ;) I haven't scrubbed that thing since November!
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @labellavida I'm so sorry they your mom is being so difficult- maybe she will go home earlier and you can just relax...happy Liam is doing well though and that you get to go home!

So last night I was sitting on couch and felt water come shooting out at me- totally thought it was my son peeing through his clothes...nope just skylight leaking, excellent! But today he did pee while I was changing him- pee sprayed him in the face! Hysterical!
  • ACH831 said:
    LO has finally been sleeping in her PnP and bassinet! We have to wait until she is in a deep sleep first, then put her in (which I know isn't great), but it's better than her only sleeping in our arms/cosleeping! Not going to lie though, I love holding my sleeping baby, but we may have over done it. Cosleeping was really freaking me out cause after a few sleep deprived days I was sleeping really heavy with her next to me. Next step is to get her down for naps while still awake.
    @soon2bejp‌ your wedding sounds friggin awesome! Question: how old is your LO? My son is 17 days old but I haven't been trying to put him down while awake yet...usually I just let him pass out on the boob before moving him to a sleeping spot. Just wondering at what point this becomes a concern?
    The wedding was pretty freaking amazing, not going to lie...

My little June is 3w1d and she started to have the problem of only sleeping in our arms/chest about a week ago. I was not putting her down at all during the day then she was refusing to be put down at night. It was rough, but hopefully it's turning around and last night wasn't a fluke!  We are also in the midst of the 3 week growth spurt. Oh joy!
  • No, my mom and I have never "been close. "
    she has a flight on Sunday, so. .. It'll just be stressful the next few days. Maybe we'll talk it out, maybe we won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"