October 2013 Moms
Options

Those with nut allergies

So I gave dd a few bites of a pb&j sandwich for the first time on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, she has been getting little rash patches that pop up and clear up pretty quickly. They look like mosquito bites. Does anyone's LO with allergies get this reaction.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

Re: Those with nut allergies

• Options
    I should also mention that I called the ped and she said to let it heal and try again to see if she gets the same reaction. She had a fever and cough earlier this week so she had some Tylenol and honey (per pedis rec). Now I'm wondering if it is the honey.

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    I'm not too familiar with food allergies. Can our LOs have Benadryl yet. If they can I would have on hand in case it comes back,
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

I'm not too familiar with food allergies. Can our LOs have Benadryl yet. If they can I would have on hand in case it comes back,

On an related note. I was told by my pedi to give my DD 2.5ml of Benadryl at night just for a couple days to help with the drainage/cough. So yes they can have it. I would check the dose.

I don't have any experience with food allergies though. Sorry.

• Options
    No experience with the allergies but yes they can have Benadryl. My pedi has had me give Benadryl for many months now. I give 2.5 ml. We've had many sinus infections, ear infections, and tubes since 8 mos, which could be caused from allergies. We see an allergist/immunologist on wed.
  • Options
    Molly has a peanut allergy. She swelled up about 5 mins after eating peanuts. It was definitely swollen, not like bites. Picture of her about 10 mins after eating:
  • Options
    Thanks for the input and poor Molly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"