February 2015 Moms
Options

Baby show/sprinkle

So i dont really need any big items for our baby except a stroll for two and little stuff. But not knowing if its a boy or girl we chose to wait till after the baby is born to host a party now ik most the time other people through the parents the party but no one offered this time and my man and i decided to keep the babys arrival on the down low till we get home. Not to many people at the hospital. So the sprinkle we r throughing is mostly for people to meet the new addition to our family. So how should i make the invites?

Re: Baby show/sprinkle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You shouldn't throw your own shower, regardless of whether it is before or after baby arrives.
  • Options
    You shouldn't throw yourself a second shower. We had our first shower after baby was here bc we didn't know the sex before and everyone wants to see the baby.
    With the second and now third on the way people just visit when they want to and if they bring something we r grateful and if not that's ok. They tend to bring something small like an outfit or something.

That's sooooooo tacky and greedy throwing yourself a second shower before or after baby.

If you need something for your baby your should buy it yourself.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you do send invites i wouldnt call it a sprinkle. Are you sure you're going to want a lot of visitors in one day w a newborn? Like others have said if people want to bring gifts they will. I would stay away from invites/putting anything gift related on an invite. Just my opinion ..
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure of the etiquette, but I think a 'sip and see' after the baby arrives is the more appropriate party type, especially w a 2nd or 3rd baby. And they do not come with any assumption of gifts (def no registry info on the invite) - though people are always free to do as they like.

Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • Options

=D> To everyone who understood this! I couldn't understand it at all, maybe because I haven't had coffee yet.

Love tit because coffee!!
  • Options
    emmabrody said:

So i dont really need any big items for our baby except a stroll for two and little stuff. But not knowing if its a boy or girl we chose to wait till after the baby is born to host a party now ik most the time other people through the parents the party but no one offered this time and my man and i decided to keep the babys arrival on the down low till we get home. Not to many people at the hospital. So the sprinkle we r throughing is mostly for people to meet the new addition to our family. So how should i make the invites?

QFP.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can we say Gift Grabby! You don't throw your own shower. Tacky to the MAX!
  • Options
    mle106mle106 member
    edited January 2015
    @emmabrody‌ you said you needed a stroller for two- I'm assuming this is your second kid?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We've been through this before, right? There's a search function for TB, you'll find answers there. They're pretty much the same as on this post though. Also, Google baby shower etiquette.
  • Options
    Its getting annoying how these ppl never come back or respond!!!!
  • Options
    amack22 said:

Its getting annoying how these ppl never come back or respond!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth. I can't decide if ignoring advice or acting incredulous and overly offended is more annoying. Maybe I'm at that point where everything annoys me!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"