July 2015 Moms

OMG twins!!!

Hi all,
So we had the 12 scan a week and a half ago, and we are having identical twins!!! Such a shock, am still happily adjusting to the news.
It explains why I've been so ill.
We need a 16w and 20w scan also, apparently this is normal for twins.
When is the right time to start purchasing cots, bassinets, pram etc?

Re: OMG twins!!!

• wow!  Such great news, congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! And congrats!! We have a twin mom check in every Friday. Come join me and the other twin moms :) I haven't purchased anything yet, holding off to make sure I have my list and money ready I also watch for deals and sales since we need 2 of everything ( or almost everything)
  • That's so awesome! Congrats!
  • I'd say start by just doing research on different products because not everything is made equally and then just watch for sales on the items you do like. No need to rush in buying everything right away. You have plenty of time.
    Please excuse typos....auto correct hates me. =)

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDS Born 7.15.15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CONGRATS! We found out we are having twins too while we were at our 12wk scan!!!! So exciting and its still sinking in!!!! :blush: welcome to the twinny mom club!!!#
  • We found out we were having twins and started shopping the same day. We had planned to buy a crib that day since there was a good sale going on, and then we had to get two. We are slowing getting items here and there so we don't end up needing to get it all at once and I want everything set up kind of early for the "just in case" factor. We have also gotten some things from friends who don't need them any more, like a bouncer, a never been used baby food maker thingy, a bumbo, etc. But so far our only big purchase has been the cribs.
  • Congrats! I have 4 year old twins and honestly I started with the stroller. I purchase a snap n go double stroller and used it until my boys switched carseats. I also bought cribs but usedjust one crib on the advice of another twin mom because she said it would be easier on me and they would sleep better. I waited until just before their first birthday to introduce the second crib mainly because they were growing.
  • Congrats! That's amazing news. I am only rejecting one LO, but I started a Amazon wishlist. I planned on not having anymore children and tossed everything!
  • Congrats !!
  • How exciting! Congrats!
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Congrats!

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• Congrats! I am also having identical twins! Would love to talk to others who are also having twins!
  • Hi everyone, my husband and I just found out yesterday that we are having twins! I am 18 weeks! Did anyone else find out kind of late? We are shocked to say the least, since we were expecting only one! I am excited but now also very nervous. This is our first pregnancy and don't know what to expect at all!
  • Hi everyone, my husband and I just found out yesterday that we are having twins! I am 18 weeks! Did anyone else find out kind of late? We are shocked to say the least, since we were expecting only one! I am excited but now also very nervous. This is our first pregnancy and don't know what to expect at all!

That's crazy! Congratulations :)
    Was this your first ultrasound? Did you or your doctor have any suspicions up until now?

We found out about our twins at 13 wks but it was surprising because we had an ultrasound at 8 wks which only showed one baby at the time. Seems like Baby B was hiding. We're first time parents too so we were definitely a little shocked but we're super excited. I had a feeling going in that we were going to find out there were two. My mom is a twin and I was showing too much so I had my suspicios :-) congrats! Check out our twin momma weekly check in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"