January 2015 Moms
Options

Baby BellaVida birth story!

LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
edited January 2015 in January 2015 Moms
So , as most of you know, I was advised to not go past 40 weeks due to being high risk for a velamentous cord. I got my membranes stripped at 38w 2d to try and jump start labor, and got a second sweep done at 39 weeks. I then scheduled my induction just in case a spontaneous labor wouldn't happen. My H decided, with my midwife we'd do the induction on Friday, Jan 23. It also happened to be the day my midwife would be on call.
I struggled with the decision to actually go through with induction, as my 1st induction (14 years ago was terrible! ) I finally made the decision along with my mw, and mfm that it really was the best option for my baby, as the risks became too high.
So, off we go to the birth center and arrived at 6:50 am. Got to our room, settled, and Pitocin was started at 8:30 am. I had my cervix checked and no progress since Monday, still 3 cm 60%. Pitocin started working nearly immediately. I was checked again at 1:05 pm, very little progress, so my midwife decided to break my water. Holy shit. ... labor got real within a matter of minutes. I got into the jacuzzi tub and labored for a good while. The water felt so nice! My midwife stopped Pitocin, and they filled up the birthing tub. I couldn't believe it! She was going to let me have my water birth! I got in, and my contractions basically stopped. Baby couldn't be found on the monitor, so I had to stand up. Holy heck, strong contractions! I got back in the tub, contractions stopped again. I had to get out of the tub, as they had to continuously monitor the baby and they couldn't keep him on the monitor, also they needed to start Pitocin again to get me back into labor.
All of a sudden, laying in bed intense contractions! After about 4 I was screaming for the epidural. I couldn't get back in the tub to have relief, and I felt like dying! We waited an hour and FINALLY my epidural shows up. They check my cervix, I'm only at a 6! Ugh! I was so discouraged that my labor was going 'so slow' for my 4th baby! I got my epidural placed, and I was in heaven!
They came to check me 2 hours later, still NO PROGRESS! I was still only 6 cm! An hour after that babies heart rate was down in the 40's during every contraction. They said that was normal, and he recovered back to a normal heart rate after each contraction. I started to finally feel some pressure, so I was checked and ready to go. I tried 2 pushes, but felt like I wasn't doing a good enough job, so I asked to labor him down a little. They came back 20 minutes later and said I needed to push, we're having a baby! I pushed through 4 contractions, and out my little guy came! He was born at 8:24 Pm. He is so prefect.
We nursed pretty much right away for about 45 minutes. He latched on like he's done it before, no issues! They took him and weighed him. 8 lbs 3 oz 21 Inches! He's my biggest baby!
(Ds1 was 7.6, ds2 was 7.2, and ds3 was 6.15) Never would I have guessed he would be so big. My mfm last week told me he'd be 8 lbs, and I pretty much laughed in her face.
I also got to look at my placenta and saw the velamentous cord insert. It was rather cool.
Anyway, here is my little man! imageimage

also, the induction wasn't bad at all. Nothing like my first. They now gradually increase the dose to make it 'feel' more Natural.
14 years ago, it was 0 to 60, and no in between. Glad I went through with it, no regrets.
ETA: Pitocin was never started again. My body kicked into gear, and I labored him on my own! The Pitocin was a nice little jump start.

Re: Baby BellaVida birth story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"