2nd Trimester
Options

Rash on tummy and forearms?! Help! 1st pregnancy.

jsanders93jsanders93 member
edited January 2015 in 2nd Trimester
This is my first pregnancy. I'm 17 weeks.. And I started using Palmer's Tummy Butter I think maybe a week ago... Well, I have had a slight rash on my forearms for a couple of weeks, but on my belly, maybe in the past few days, has become so itchy and red with little bumps! I don't know if its from the tummy butter or the same rash on my forearms. It all itches the same way the bumps on my forearms are more raised, small, and red. My tummy looks kind of like the PUPPPs pictures that I've seen online but not as bad. I'm just itching!!!

And I am having a boy if that means anything.

Re: Rash on tummy and forearms?! Help! 1st pregnancy.

• Options
    ^woooow! Angry much?
  • Options
    My first step would be to stop using the lotion. My second step would be calling my doctor so they could figure out whether it's just a reaction to the lotion or something more serious. Having a boy is completely irrelevant to the situation, I really don't understand why that information was included.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't understand why some of you have to be rude. A question is a question. No question is ever stupid. and if you understood the situation I am in right now, I am in between doctor because I had to move states. Now before jumping to conclusion thinking I'm stupid, check yourself. And thanks.
  • Options
    I had a similar rash at the same time. I did start using a new lotion. Your body is super sensitive. I was told to take benadryl and use cortisone cream. After a couple days it was not getting any better. Call Dr second time and they gave me a steroid to clear it up.good luck.
  • Options
    If you haven't shaved your belly and the red bumps appeared out of nowhere then I would of googled it first to see if there is anything similar or just called my doc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Its the cream. Had the same reaction to that particular cream as well. Not a stupid question. People are rude.
  • Options
    Yes, it is a stupid question. We aren't 5. 
    Stop using the lotion, find a doctor and call them. Knowing you are pregnant that should have been something you did before you even moved.

• Options
    I am new to the site and can not believe the amount of negative people on here! We all have questions on our pregnancy. Sometimes we don't want any medical advice just others experiences and some support!!
    To answer your question, I used a face cream which I have been using for years and now I'm pregnant it makes me itch and my skin is terrible :-(
    I have stopped using it and now use a sensitive cream which is helping a little but much. Fabric powder can cause rashes, shower gel, perfume...anything at all. Unfortunately our skin changes when pregnant so it really is trial and error. Just avoid any creams that contain vitamin A as this is really quite dangerous for baby. Good luck
  • Options

Just out of curiosity - why on earth does the fact you are having a boy have any play on a medical concern of this regard. You have a rash - boy or girl - you still have a rash.........

@ladycersei the new bump brings out the SS that were kept at bay before. Let's all be medical directors and give advise :p

• Options
    @sophiechev‌, why would you not want experienced medical advice from a doctor on something that is clearly a medical issue? That makes zero sense. Anytime I have an allergic reaction pregnant or not the first thing I do is call the doctor. That's just good ole common sense.

As far as stupid questions are concerned, lurk around a bit and I'm sure this board will change your mind.
  • Options
    I'm not under the impression that she doesn't want to ask her doctor. Seems like you ladies are jumping to the conclusion that she doesn't. I switched doctors before and my doctors office told me they couldn't give any medical advice if I wasn't a patient. I would be hesitant too because rashes are so common in pregnancy.
  • Options
    OP, it sounds like this may relate to your new lotion-- even things that worked before often don't once we're pregnant.

With my first pregnancy, I had PUPPPS. It was TERRIBLE! But it didn't develop until the 3rd trimester, which is normal from what I recall. PUPPPS typically only occurs in a first pregnancy and only goes away with the birth of the baby. Due to the severity of my situation, the doctor gave me an injection of steroids the day before I was induced.

All said, please check with a doctor. Like others before said, your doctor will know far more than any of us are apt to... though I understand the desire for anecdotal stories.

Good luck getting rid of it regardless!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love how my comments keep being deleted by the new mods.
    What a fucking joke. 
  • Options
    More than likely it just dermatitis. Yes, it is best to ask a doc when you have a new one. I had terrible itching on my legs first trimester. But it was not the first time I had the same itching on my legs. 4 docs have given me different diagnosis over the years. Terribly annoying. Obviously try a different lotion or no lotion. Taking baths with Epsom salts helped me but may not help you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kacdanz said:
    I'm not under the impression that she doesn't want to ask her doctor. Seems like you ladies are jumping to the conclusion that she doesn't. I switched doctors before and my doctors office told me they couldn't give any medical advice if I wasn't a patient. I would be hesitant too because rashes are so common in pregnancy.
    Reading comprehension, you have none.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"