December 2013 Moms
Options

Bottle to sippy cup transition

W is so not interested in a sippy cup as of like 2 weeks ago. Before he was all for it and loved drinking water from it. Now that we are trying the milk he won't even hold it in his hands!! I have tried the straw kind and a few other ones here and there. Any great brands/tricks/tips?

Re: Bottle to sippy cup transition

• Options
    I think the problem is that he doesn't like milk, not that he doesn't know how to use a sippy cup. We had the same problem when we tried switching to milk a month or so ago. I had to consistently put water back in his cup and manually give it to him for a few days until he learned to 'trust' it again. Our pedi recommended using a straw cup with the milk so he learned the difference and wouldn't get pissed at all cups. He still won't drink milk, fwiw, but he did go back to using a sippy on his own.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think the milk is the problem. He loves it in his bottle.. I have tried the straw cups but he insists on making a huge mess with them. The water doesnt bother me but spilled milk all over the house is too much! ;) I'll keep trying!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"