April 2014 Moms

Sprinkle shower

Hey ladies, I am involved I trying to throw a friend a sprinkle shower in a few months and I need some advice. She has a 18mon old boy which she had a huge shower for and is now having a girl. She wants to be involved in the majority if the planning and wants it at her house so she doesn't have to dress up or go anywhere. Other people are involved and keep saying it's what she wants but I feel like this isn't normal. Aren't sprinkle showers usually held somewhere or atleast set up like a shower with tables and chairs? There's no where to sit unless we rearrange and bring tables in which she doesn't know if she wants to do that. She also wants me and someone else to clean her house which I said no because I feel like that's not my job. I have two babies to care for and my own house to clean. When you go to a sprinkle shower don't you expect it to be set up nice or be going somewhere? I find it odd that it's going to be at her house. Any Insight and advice?

Re: Sprinkle shower

• Loading the player...
  • I think that most people just bring a little gift for the new baby when it's born... Does a sprinkle replace that, or is it in addition to the gift at birth?
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Sounds like a shower disguised as a sprinkle. Sprinkles aren't a thing where I'm from but if she wants something relaxed that's at her house that's great but she shouldn't expect people to clean for her.
  • Sprinkles aren't a thing here. A lot of people hve second baby showers which piss me off but not sprinkles. That's just an annoying term for a second baby shower. I typically just by the baby a gift when it's born and walk with it when visiting
  • I've never been to a "sprinkle" shower, but I think renting a place to have it is way too much. I always thought sprinkles were small intimate affairs. I think a "meet the baby" party would be much more appropriate.

I wouldn't feel bad about pulling out. If you can't do it, you can't do it.
  • I think they call it a sprinkle cause it's just immediate family and very close friends. Where I live you can do an all inclusive breakfast for less than $15 a person which in some cases ends up being cheaper than having it at a house.
  • Ah, I see. I say have it at the all inclusive breakfast place, then no one has to clean before or after the party. Win!
  • ^ good advice
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • I don't know how much of a friend this person is. I have never heard of someone asking to have a friend clean their house -- no matter how preggo the person is! Crazy!!
  • That being said, I know people have varying opinions, but I don't mind 2nd showers. Every baby is a new baby and deserves gifts and to be celebrated. However, I wouldn't expect a large shower and only people who want to be there should be there. It def shouldn't be a large shower, just family and very close friends.
  • I am on the fence about showers for subsequent kids. I didn't have anything for my second and in a way that makes me a little sad. Not the gift part - I just kind of feel like my first was celebrated and my second was no big deal to people. I actually would have loved to just do a nice brunch at a restaurant with some close friends to celebrate the fact that I was having a baby.

I totally agree that she should be grateful for the shower. I wouldn't want the stress of making sure my own house was spotless for my own shower either... So I wouldn't suggest having it at my own house!
  • I have no problem with second showers but this chick is for sure taking all the fun out of it
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did a sprinkle for a friend and all of the food was round like sprinkles. I even made funfetti cake. None of her friends were at her shower for her first bc we didn't know her then, so we felt it was ok.
  • Jimmies are oblong
  • Sprinkle is a horrible word.  All I can think of is pee.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• hlm184 said:
    Sprinkle is a horrible word.  All I can think of is pee.

Me too! Everytime I see the thread title!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• ^^^^
    I originally thought this thread was going to be about someone's weird fetish... And every time someone adds to the thread, it comes to mind again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"