Baby Names
Options

Middle name to go with first name Molly?

We are naming our baby girl Molly after my husbands late sister..I love that we are carrying on the name but wish it could break down to some nicknames. I was thinking a cute middle name would do the trick, such as Molly Mae. The middle name actually rhymes with our last name which is not everyone's style but my DH thinks it's clever ;) I realize both Molly and Mae are both nicknames for Mary...do you think I could get away with this? And any other middle name suggestions? We aren't sharing with family and friends until she is born so I need some third party help!

Re: Middle name to go with first name Molly?

• Options

What letter does your last name start with?

• Options
    I think Molly Mae is adorable for a little girl, but I struggle to see it on a grown woman. What about a middle name with lots of options? Like Molly Elizabeth? Or Molly Margaret? Even with either of those names, you could easily NN her Molly Mae.
    I know two little Maddy's; one frequently goes by Maddy Mae and the other Maddy Jo, and neither of their middle names even resemble those!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Molly Adelaide sprung to mind.
    Molly Genevieve
    Molly Annabeth
    Molly Annabelle
    Molly Christine
    Molly Angeline
    Molly Claire
    Molly Pearl
    Molly Faith
  • Options
    Molly was very high on our list this time around.
    My favorites are:
    Molly June
    Molly Claire
    Molly Kate
    Molly Faye

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jburdet1 said:

Molly was very high on our list this time around.
    My favorites are:
    Molly June
    Molly Claire
    Molly Kate
    Molly Faye

Forgot Molly Anne

• Options
    Molly Elizabeth
    Molly Katherine
    Molly Madeleine

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @kateandsiah‌ It starts with a hard G :)
  • Options
    I like molly but not with Mae. It sounds to cutesy.
    Molly Noelle. Genevieve. Theresa. Elizabeth. Willa. Olivia.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ace226 said:

I think Molly Mae is adorable for a little girl, but I struggle to see it on a grown woman. What about a middle name with lots of options? Like Molly Elizabeth? Or Molly Margaret? Even with either of those names, you could easily NN her Molly Mae.
    I know two little Maddy's; one frequently goes by Maddy Mae and the other Maddy Jo, and neither of their middle names even resemble those!

I was wondering the same thing. Our top pick besides naming her after DHs sister was Guinevere..our taste runs slightly more grown up so I worry about Molly already being a bit of a young girls name. I think you are right about adding a more grown up middle name, thanks for your thoughts! Since both Molly and Mae are NNs for Mary its slightly redundant as a legal name but could still be an adorable and legitimate NN, as u say :)
  • Options
    Thanks all for your suggestions!!
  • Options
    4N6s said:

I like molly but not with Mae. It sounds to cutesy.
    Molly Noelle. Genevieve. Theresa. Elizabeth. Willa. Olivia.

That's been my feeling, Molly is already a bit cutesy..love Genevieve! Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • Options
    I'm not crazy about Molly Mae but a one syllable middle name would be nice and you could use it as a double first name if you want an alternative to just Molly.

Molly Belle
    Molly Ruth
    Molly Joy
    Molly Paige

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    DaisyZH said:

I'm not crazy about Molly Mae but a one syllable middle name would be nice and you could use it as a double first name if you want an alternative to just Molly.

Molly Belle
    Molly Ruth
    Molly Joy
    Molly Paige
    :x Molly Belle!
  • Options
    Not a fan of Molly Mae

Molly Noelle
    Molly Claire
    Molly Elaine/Molly Lorraine
    Molly Faye
    Molly Anne
    Molly Violet
    Molly Olivia
    Molly Amelia
  • Options
    Molly Mae does sound too cutesy but it is adorable for a nickname!  I have a Molly Elise.  I also loved Molly Kate as a double name but my husband didn't like it.  My other favorite combos were Molly Elizabeth and Molly Catherine. I love Molly and like Claire but I did not like Molly Claire because it always sounded like Mall Eclair when I said it together.  For nicknames, DD1, who was 4 at the time, started calling her Molly Bear and Sister Bear when she was a newborn and they have stuck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Molly Ann, the Ann being after both grandma's.  I usually end up calling her Mo, Momo or Mollyanna
  • Options
    I've always liked Molly Jean seeing as my great aunt was Polly Jean. Love the name!
  • Options
    I have a Molly Jean ☺️
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Molly Alice
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"